chapter eighty

Zeke

"They should be back by now," Zander growled, and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. I watched him pace around the living room in frustration.

"She's with him. They'll be fine," I said, letting my head fall against the sofa headrest. I caressed the fur of the tiger sleeping against my body.

"You don't know shit. For all we know, she's hurt," he replied. "How do you explain the fact that Akira is here and she's not? What happened the last time they were separated?"

"Are you suggesting that our dear brother Drakkar kidnapped Emriana to Nelovia?" I teased with a laugh, and Zander shot me a warning glare.

The tiger had appeared a while ago. I didn't miss how he shook the water off his fur before walking inside as Emriana scolded him for doing yesterday. The pile of fur then lay across my legs for the next hour.

Zander paced around back and forth, in front of the fireplace.

"Would you just sit down? You're making me dizzy," I groaned, feeling like a drink would be perfect right now. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring some with me on this trip, so I would have to go without it.

Zander grunted something under his breath before taking a seat on a small sofa, staring at some of her paintings. We stayed quiet for several minutes, listening to the rain pouring unto the roof violently as the flames in the fireplace moved around fervently.

I wasn't going to admit it to him, but I was starting to worry as well. It was almost pitch-black outside, the clouds were dark. I hoped Drakkar knew what he was doing because I wouldn't let him live another day if she was hurt.

Another hour had passed when Akira suddenly lifted his head from the couch, turning to the direction of the forest. He jumped off me as he trotted over to the back door, stopping in front of it. It was only then that I heard it. Voices.

Zander and I stood up, and walked over to the back door, glancing out the window. I opened the door to get a better look, and I relaxed as I saw Emriana and Drakkar running toward the house. They were soaked to the bone as they ran across the garden.

"Thank fuck," I heard Zander mutter.

They moved up the steps of the house, and I moved out of the way to let them in. They were laughing together as both stumbled inside. The sound of the rain vanished as I closed the door behind them. My eyes narrowed on Emriana, practically naked as her thin white dress was completely see-through, sticking to her like a second skin.

She laughed as she moved her wet sticky hair out of her face. Akira was the first to move to her, jumping on her chest, and she caught him in the air, before falling back down. He let out low growls as he licked her face. She smiled at him, telling him how much she missed him.

Zander moved before I could as he shooed the tiger off of her before pulling her up to her feet. His eyes were fixed on her exposed chest, and she blushed once she noticed the three of us staring at her intensely.

"Ugh! Grow up!" She whined, running into the bedroom to change.

I was about to follow her inside when Zander pushed Drakkar.

"Where the fuck were you?" He asked, and I stared as Drakkar smirked.

"Teaching her new skills," he said with a chuckle, and I smirked. Zander didn't seem fazed by his words as he swung his fist into the side of his jaw.

"What if she got hurt?" He said, and my smirk fell a little. Drakkar frowned.

"I would never let her get hurt, you bastard. You know that," he grunted. Zander breathed loudly as he took a step back. His protectiveness of Emriana grew with each passing day. Drakkar and I were extremely protective over her, but Zander was something else. He was like a caveman when it came to her.