40

Geneviève Montgomery
3 weeks later

I looked back  at Salem and Sy'Rai  as we sat in the car. This is the first time in 3 weeks that I've seen Silas. I've been staying with dad , Olivia, and Scott and they know what went down. I honestly don't know what to say to him, but I'm not gonna keep Salem and Sy'Rai from him.

I sighed and got out the car and went in the house. He was sitting at the kitchen table eating.

Salem and Sy'Rai ran over to him. He smiled.

Salem - hi daddy

Silas - hey Angel. Hey Rai

Sy'Rai - hey Si.

He looked at me.

Evie - Silas

Silas - hey Evie

He sent Salem and Sy'Rai to their rooms. I took a seat in front of him at the table.

Silas - how have you been?

Evie - better.

Silas - and the baby?

Evie - the baby is fine.

Silas -  I've missed you

Evie - you were calling and texting me so I know

Silas - yet you didn't answer

Evie - I didn't want to see you after what you said to me and everything that happened. I felt like a second choice when Diamond was here. We literally just got married a month ago and you were already throwing me away. I didn't think you would be sick of me this fast.

Silas -  I'm not sick of you.  I originally wanted to be friends with Diamond. We have a similar upbringing and bonded over that. I wasn't thinking about trying to get with her. After you told me you were pregnant , I went over to her place , drank , and one thing lead to another. I didn't know she was recording .  It still doesn't make it okay, I betrayed you and you have every right to be mad or leave me.  I just don't want you to take away my kids.

Evie - Silas despite everything I still love you.  I'm not coming home immediately though.

Silas - that's fair

Evie - is Diamond still around ?

Silas - no.

Evie - when y'all had sex , did you use protection?

Silas - no

Evie - go get tested and go see if she's pregnant .

Silas - okay

Evie - I'll give you a few hours with Emmy and Rai.

Silas - you're not staying

Evie - no. I'm  going out with Amira, Alison, and  Sumner.  I'll be back to get them later though

Silas Montgomery

After Evie left I called Diamond.

Diamond - hey baby, you missed me?

Silas - have you taken a plan b or-

Diamond - I'm not pregnant. How's wifey?

Silas -  Diamond please, we're not discussing my personal life. I just wanna make sure you ain't pregnant

Diamond -  you haven't call me

Silas - I'm  done with you. I almost lost my family . I can't throw away my family for you.

Diamond - you seem to think I was worth  it when you were inside me , right?

Silas -  Bye Diamond

I called and made an appearance at the clinic. 

Diamond Briggs

I looked down at my phone, I know he didn't just hang up on me like that.   The married ones always go back to their families and talk about how I was a mistake.   I wasn't a mistake when I was letting you hit though. .

Silas is something different than what I've had. I don't think I can let that go.

Geneviève Montgomery
6 PM

I walked in the house to see the girls from Silas.

Silas - hey, did you enjoy yourself?

Evie - I sure did. They told me all about how Javel , Bash , and Eli beat yo ass when they found out what you did

Silas -   Yeah. You look good

Evie - thank you Silas

He called the girls into the living room.

Silas - when you think y'all will be home.

Evie - I don't know yet

Silas - that's fair

He leaned in for a kiss. I backed away.

Evie - get tested first.  I'll call you when I get home.

He nodded.

Silas Montgomery

After Evie left with the girls , I went and laid down. She looks good and here I am , can barely get out of bed.  I thought I would never see her again .

I'm lucky to even get a second chance when I don't deserve one. 

This time around when she comes back, I won't mess up again.