39

Geneviève Montgomery
1 week later

I walked in the house from dropping the girls off at school and saw Diamond sitting on the couch with Silas talking.  I took my jacket off and hung it up in the hall closet before going into the kitchen.

He's been spending a lot of time with her and I don't want to seem jealous so I haven't said anything. He's allowed to have friends and he apologized for what happened between them so I can't really be mad.

Silas got up and walked in the bathroom.

Diamond - he's a really nice guy. You're lucky.

Evie - yep.

Diamond - he  treats you so good.

I nodded and grabbed a cup of out the cabinet.

Diamond - Does Silas have a brother?

Evie - no

Diamond - do you?

Evie - what exactly are you trying to tell me right now?  Because I feel like you're trying to tell me something without actually telling me. Has something gon on with you and my husband?

Silas - Geneviève I told you about that insecure shit.

Evie - shut the hell up. 

Silas - watch your mouth.

Evie - or what?

Silas - you know what.

Diamond got up

Diamond - I think I should go

Evie - goodbye. Don't come back either

Silas - Evie

He walked her to the door and shut it before walking over to me.

Silas - what's your problem?   You act like I can't have friends.

Evie -   We - I didn't say you couldn't. Did you do something with her?

Silas - here we go.  Now I'm a cheater? 

Evie-   You've been with her everyday this week and sometimes you don't come home until early in the morning.   It's been me and the girls in this house by ourselves for a week straight. They look for you  to take them to school.

Silas - don't bring the kids into your bullshit because you don't want me to be happy

Evie - fine. Silas. Do what you want. I don't care anymore. I wouldn't want to get in the way of your happiness.

I grabbed my keys and left.

Silas Montgomery

A few hours later

Evie walked in the house with the girls and went  into our room not saying a word to me.

Salem walked over to me.

Salem - you made mommy sad.

Silas -   She'll be alright

Salem - go say sorry to her

Silas - you don't know what happened?

Rai - she was crying when she came to get me Silas. You did something to Evie so go apologize.

Silas - she's fine. What do y'all want?

Rai - go say sorry

Silas - what do y'all want to eat?

Rai - nothing.

I went into my room and saw Evie laying  on the bed. I touched her.

Evie - what Silas?