Kung Lao x Reader [Part. 2]

Hellooo againn!!

Here's a rather late Christmas, or early New years present, to which I bestow upon my fellow readers!

Part 2 of Kung Lao x Reader, and now without further ado, Enjoy!

○○○○○○○○•○○○○○○○○

(Kung Lao's POV)

6 months had passed since my encounter with y/n.

He sighed, 'I don't get it..' he thought, "Why didn't y/n just speak to me about everything..?'.

My mind was racing with so many questions, all of them creating even more questions than I had answers for.

Left to wander within his mind, something brought him out if his trance.

To his.. 'disappointment' it was just Liu Kang.

His best friend, and competition.

Brought out of his day dreams, he focused on the Shaolin Warrior in front of him. "Huh? What?" He spoke finally.

Liu gave him a look of curiosity and and utter disdain for Kung Lao's lack of focus. "You've been in your head for too long Kung Lao. It's worrying. And not like you." Liu spoke gently, yet sternly as he shook his head towards his friend.

Kung Lao scoffed to himself, 'What do you know about me, oh great and powerful chosen one.' He though in annoyance.

Shaking his head, he shrugged. "It's nothing, at least- not something I would bother you with." He told Liu Kang, trying to steer the conversation away from the topic.

"Well, whatever it is.. figure it out now /before/ we head into battle with Shao Kahn." Liu Kang suggested.

'Shao Kahn.'

A name Kung Lao despised to hear, let alone mention.

Not even within 5ft. had he allowed anyone to mention said name.

Why?

He wasn't fully sure, but he had a feeling.

He couldn't dwell any longer on his thoughts, for now he had to direct his focus towards the mission he was about to face... The battle against Shao Kahn, and the one who took his unspoken affections from y/n.. Shang Tsung.

During their battle, Kung Lao met face to face with Shao Kahn, however before he could continue, something else took his attention away from the tryrant before him.

Leading him away were screams of pain, and agony. "KUNG LAO!"

Screams, calling his name.