24. Falling For Ember

Tyler's Pov

"WOOHOO, LETS PAR-TAY BABY! WOOHOO!" Ember shouted.

She had successfully finished the whole can in under five minutes.

She was calm at first and I just thought it would need to take a little time before she got a little hyper.

But somehow she got a second can.

And finished it.

I didn't know that it was possible for someone to get that hyper.

I mean she legit has been running around my house for about thirty minutes now and I don't know how to calm her down.

I'm afraid she might wake Jake. God knows how long it takes to put him back to sleep. Let alone with Ember running around and shouting how the world is going to end and she was going to die without ever meeting Ian Somerhanger. Whoever that is.

Luckily I called up a good friend and he allowed Jake so sleep over his house with him.

But I'm sure my mom wouldn't mine, the guy is like an older brother to me.

I quickly pulled out my phone thinking that the guys could help.

I was quickly knocked out of my train of thought as Ember jumped on me and gave me a big bear hug.

"You know you have a very nice face. You should thank your mom more often." She breathed heavily before blinking and finally stepping out of the embrace.

She grabbed one of Jake's coloring books and crayons and began to color while sitting at the island.

I let out a quick breath as I dialed Parkers number. Maybe he could help.

"Hey man." He answered.

"Parker man! I need your help dude," I yelled frustratedly just as Ember came skipping around me singing twinkle twinkle little star.

What the heck? I thought she was coloring.

"What's wrong man?" Parker said with a laugh. "Need help getting rid of some chick?"

"Dude, this is no laughing matter! I acceditnly gave Ember an energy drink." I said with a sign while running my hand down my face.

Ember was currently sitting back down at the island, staring at me intently.

I waited for her to look away, or even look down and blush. But she just kept on staring at me while swinging her legs back and forth like a small child.

"What's the problem? It's just an energy drink. I'm sure she'll calm down soon." He said calmly.

If only he could actually see the things she was doing.

Earlier while Jake was still here, I caught her whispering in the sink. Muttering something about how she was going to save her grandma.

"No dude. You need to get here quick." I whispered in a hushed tone.

I heard Parker mutter a couple of okays before shouting to Brooks and then the line went dead.

As I waited for them to arrive I looked over at Ember to see her already looking at me with her head titled.

"What?" I asked while a small chuckle.

"How old are you?" She asked, scrunching up her nose.

It made her look so cute--

Wait what? Cute?

Psh.

I meant she didn't look half bad.

"I'm eighteen. I'll be turning nineteen pretty shortly though." I said nonchalantly as I leaned against a nearby wall with my arms crossed over my chest.

I didn't miss the way Ember's eyes trailed over my arms when I did that.

Gosh she was hilarious when she's hyper. I wonder how she'd act if she got drunk?

My train of thought stopped as I saw her pouting.

My eyebrow quirked up in question before she answered.

"Your legal." She said sadly, giving a deep sigh. "That means if we were to ever go out that would be illegal because I'm considering a minor by law."

Her response shocked me.

I honestly had no idea that that was what she was going to say.

I didn't even know she had feelings for me.

Although it's relieving to know sense I kind of like her too.

Wait no.

I never like anyone. Especially a girl.

I can't possibly like Ember.

But why is it that every time she smiles, my heart jumps in my chest and its like she's the only one around?

Wait a minute.

Am I falling for Ember?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note!

Hai guys! What's up? How was the chapter? Was it long enough? I hoped you guys like it. Oh and I'm sorry it took me so long to update. I kind of had writers block. Anyway I hope you guys have a lovely day. Oh btw, did you guys see I changed the point of view? Hehe. Okay peace. I'll see you cool cats on the flip flop.
-Jai

P.S. This is not edited (like always, el-oh-el)