🍂🍁Chapter 49🍁🍂

Two months passed with little change

Two months passed with little change. Now, it's the ninth month of Jimin's pregnancy but the omega rarely spoke, rarely ate. He'd answer a direct question when needed, but otherwise? He was little more than a ghost in the house. 

They'd have sex, yes. Usually whenever his aroused scent drifted past one of them, when they'd realize what he needed even if he refused to ask. He wouldn't kiss them, wouldn't reach out at all, but neither would he turn them down.

Namjoon and Hoseok mourned the brief happiness they'd had, the closeness. The men snapped at each other, tension high, but Jimin ignored it all.

It was as if a death had occurred, and none of them knew how to deal with it. After what Taehyung overheard, he understood better. He understood the pain the omega felt, the loss, but he had no idea how to move forward, how to make him understand they could still be trusted.

They needed to make him understand if not for them, then for him, for the pup.

The mating bond meant he needed them, meant they craved one another, but it didn't mean he would ever be happy, ever forgive them.

He'd refused to return to his work, either. He wouldn't go to anywhere outside, other than the doctor's appointment every month, alone. Seokjin and Yoongi had brought his favourite snacks and other items like peace offerings, but the omega just set them down as though they were from a life he couldn't have anymore. When asked about the apartment office...his home...his safe place, he'd said they could sell all of that. He didn't care.

And that was the omega's theme of life right now. He didn't care. He didn't care to eat, to sleep, to talk, about the pup, about them, about anything.

The only time any life returned to him was when Jennie and Jihyo came over. He would text or call now and then, but even with that, he wouldn't leave.

Namjoon had picked up the omega's phone once to find a message from someone with initial of M asking about him and the pup, asking if he was okay, saying some of the omegas had been worried. The alpha asked the omega if he wanted him to take him to them. Offered to drop him off around a corner so he could be alone, so the others wouldn't get spooked by him, but the omega shaken his head.

"That's not my life anymore." Jimin dispassionately said.

At this rate, they might lose the omega within a year. He'd eat when forced, when Jungkook growled out a demand, but it would be cursory bites. That sort of walking-dead behavior couldn't sustain a person, much less two. He'd crumble at some point, and his body would simply give out.

How had they done this to him? how could they fix it? Hell, they were willing to give him up if that's what it took to save their mate and their pup, anything to see a smile on the omega's lips again, to see a glimpse of the man he'd been before.

They'd spent so much of their lives to save omegas, and yet they couldn't save their omegins and now... they'd destroyed the one they loved so much.

Jimin stopped counting days. It took too much time and energy and nothing ever changed. Some days the alphas would be home, working or watching over him. in the evenings, they'd set up a movie or show, which Jimin would sit down as requested to watch.