"Shopping is the greatest way of treating your friends. Great job, Prince." Mina said to Taehyung who nodded, clearly uninterested. All he was going to do was spend money, that was it. 

"Don't you want to buy anything?" Taehyung asked as you shook your head, "Not really.." 
"Why?" He asked. You  just shrugged, "I don't have anything I want." 
He nodded, walked towards the clothes rack and picked up a beautiful frock. It was of floral print as you stared at it. 
"Here, try this out." He spoke. You looked at it and frowned, "This isn't what I wear these days.."
"It's what you want to wear, don't you?"  

You just looked down as he handed you the frock, "Try it out." 

You hesitated a little but eventually, entered the trial room, trying out the outfit. You got out and earned a few gasps.
"Y/N!" Mina spoke, smiling widely.
"You look so pretty!!" Jojo spoke as you smiled shyly. Taehyung stared at you from afar, letting his heart fill with how beautiful you looked. He was so in love and he could realize it well. 

God, this wasn't right. He'd be doomed soon.

Or maybe he was already on his way. 

You all were done shopping and sat inside a restaurant. The royals had their faces covered, including you, throughout the street journies but as the restaurant was an expensive one with a privately booked room, you were free inside.

You all were eating when you noticed Taehyung exceptionally quiet. Right, he wasn't very good with people and so many of your friends, all talking at the same time might've made him nervous. 
You took a dumpling and placed it on his plate, "Dumplings are good, right?" 
He looked at you, his expression quite hollow yet... sort of... warm. You didn't get it but you smiled anyway. And he smiled back. 

You looked a little startled to him, making him wonder how it felt so adorable but you seemed happy. 
You looked at your food, mumbling, "Your smile is really beautiful. Don't show it to them." 
He frowned but controlled his chuckle. Jungkook was witnessing everything with extra wide eyes which would pop out of the socket at any time.

His Hyung who smiled twice a year was now controlling his laughter. Wow. Min Y/N won.

—Time skip

"You don't have to worry about acting affectionate in front of my friends. They don't really... want to tell the public any of this so. You can chill." You said to Taehyung while you all were buying ice cream. He raised a brow, "Act affectionate?"
"Yeah... like... you did back there."
"What did I do?"
"You... you know, fixed my hair, held my hand on the road and... I heard last night you picked me up and all... must've been troublesome." You looked down as he stared at you, wondering where you got so much of your thinking abilities from. 

He walked towards you, lifting your chin with his thumb, making you look up at him. Everyone was busy picking ice cream from the stall nearby and you both were standing at the corner of the road, away from them. No way would they see you both now. 

Still, he walked towards you. He leaned closer to your face, making you lower your ice cream cone. You felt him staring intensely at you as he said, "There's nothing to show to others. I do it because I want to, showing it is just an excuse because I might've been a coward but... I don't want to be like that anymore." 
You frowned, "You mean... those days you said it was for show..."
He hummed, making you gasp. Your heart almost burst when he pressed a soft kiss on the corner of your lips. Just a little turn and you'd be kissing him. 
You really... wanted to do that.

But you restrained yourself. You looked at him who backed away, your parted lips coming into his view. He smiled at you, nearly grinning. 
"You..."
He intertwined his fingers with yours, "Let's go. They'll be worried." 

Betrothed to the Cold Prince || Taehyung Fanfic || ROYAL AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें