Chapter 24

At the head of B Company,

"Hanni, did you really confess first?" Minji's father asks again for the 5th times now.

"Yes, it's true!" Hanni nervously replies as she hides behind Minji who seems be not even a bit intimidated by her father, since she clearly knows that she has won the bet.

Minji then steps forward as she Intertwines their hands together.

"I want....Minji to mark me. Please give us the permission." Hanni again nervously speaks, clearly being afraid of Minji's father disapproval.

Minji's father of course looks displeased by the turn of the event and forcefully massaged his forehead as if having a headache before speaking, "Hmmm...."

Hanni also notices that Minji's father was upset, "Perhaps, is it too presumptious of me to ask?" She shyly asks, clearly timid and scared.

"No, it's just that I'm surprised. I was certain you wouldn't want to. I thought the situation was in my favour.....*Tch!" Minji's father bluntly replies, who seems to still can't get over his defeat.

"PAPA!" Minji angrily shouts at her father.

"What are you going to say now? I'M THE GUARDIAN, NOT YOU MINJI!" Her father yells back, scolding her.

"Papa! When you were always busy, Hanni was the one who was with me! If Hanni wasn't there, do you think i would have grown up alright?" Minji furiously yells back at her father, defending Hanni with her all.

Her father then went silent, thinking it through.

Hanni also worriedly glances at the two.

Well, it's true that we were always alone in that empty house.
If it weren't for me, Minji would have been completely alone.

"Maybe dats why she became so obsessed with me?" Hanni thought to herself as she laughs out loud, catching the attention of both father and daughter.

"Well, allright! I'll allow it." Minji's father lowly mumbles.

Those words alone was their salvation and their key to the future.

Both Hanni and Minji beams up, feeling shocked to the core and looks at him with questioning eyes.

"How can i convince you with how stubborn you are? But then, you will have to tell your grandmother about it yourself." Minji's father said, as he mischievously smiles at Minji, because he knows that convincing her grandmother won't be an easy task to do.

"Sure, I'll tell her after the marking." Minji simply replies, while smiling brightly at her father.

"Is that alright?" Hanni joins in, nervously fidgetting behind Minji.

"FROM WHOM DID SHE GET THAT STUBBORN PERSONALITY..." Minji's father mentally asks himself as he takes a heavy breath.

He then sits down and fixes his tie, "She won't listen to me even if i try. So let me ask you at least one thing."

Hanni curiously and attentively looks at him.

"From now on, have Minji attend the family reunions." He seriously said.

"Yes! Of course! Don't worry!" Hanni reponds, while nodding her head continuously as if talking to her father-in-law. (Soon to be XD)

"I'm sure she'll listen to you. So i don't think she will still miss." He coldly said, looking at the happy Minji behind Hanni who was dancing in celebration, not caring anything else that was happening right now.

He then straightens up and his expression drops dead, "Very well, so.... When is the wedding?"

"Eh? Why are we already talking about wedding?" Hanni nervously asks as her conciousness tells her that they just started dating from last night.

Hearing that, "Hmm.... The wedding will take place after Hanni graduates." Minji joins in, looking rather serious.

"Yeah, right, i have to graduate first....*Pheww!" Hanni mentally thanks Minji.

"So in the meantime, we better get secretly engaged." Minji said, shoving her hands in the air.

"No, no, you must get married first!" Her father objects.

"Hey!" Hanni shouts at them, trying to decide it herself.

But the strong headed and stubborn father and daughter won't listen to Hanni and continues to argue.

"But then, she will not be able to go to school normally..."

"Wa-wait!" Hanni again tries to intervene but to no avail, they keep on arguing and discussing the matter, not minding Hanni.

*Bla....Bla....Bla...
(Ignoring)

"Neither of you are listening to me!" Hanni mentally told herself as she just watched the argument silently.

EVERYONE IN THIS FAMILY IS JUST AS WEIRD! (Stubborn & Thick Headed)

______

After what felt like a never ending argument, they finally head out after clearing the issues and Minji's father gave up, letting Minji live however she wants with Hanni.

"Why did we come to the school?" Minji asks cluelessly as she holds Hanni's hand.

"It's close to the office and we haven't been here for a long time." Hanni replies smiling at Minji.

"We haven't been here since graduation." Minji happily states as she looks around their old school, and the places where she had first told her feelings to Hanni.

"Everything looks the same as it was before. Nothing has changed." Minji adds.

"Let's go over there." Hanni said smiling, as she holds Minji's hand, leading her under the cherry blossom tree, where their love sprouted long ago.

"Eh? Why here?" Minji asks cluelessly.

Taking in the fresh air, "It's been so long since we've been here." Minji states.

"Yeah." Hanni replies as she reminisces the good old days.

Ah! I already remember.
I remembered the expression that Kim Minji had back then.

[ Hanni - "If you really like me, pretend you don't know me! Please..."

Minji - "Okay, if that's what you want. I will do whatever you ask of me."  ]

I remember the painful expression that Minji had.

"I WILL WAIT FOR YOU."

When you crossed the line that day.
I couldn't do it because i was too scared.
And yet, you've been waiting for me all this time.

"Minji." Hanni softly calls her out.

Minji also quickly turns her head.

But i know now that it is my turn to answer you.
YOU, WHO HAVE ALWAYS BELIEVED IN ME AND WAITED FOR ME.

I'm sorry for taking so long to say it.
But if you forgive me...

Hanni then slowly approaches Minji and sincerely looks at her, " I love you, Minji."

Minji could never get tired hearing those words, she warmly smiles at Hanni and embraces her in a loving hug, "I love you too!"

THIS TIME, I'LL TAKE YOUR HANDS AND JUMP WITH YOU.

Hanni then tightly Intertwines their fingers together as the newly couple shares their sweet kiss.

LET'S CROSS THE LINE CALLED...
"BEST FRIENDS"

...

A/n : Hi lovely Hoomans!

First off, i wanna promote my newest Daerin book called (Fulfilling Her Wishes) to y'alls. I'll pretty much appreciate it if y'alls could check it out😊✨

And i also wanna thank y'alls for all the love and support you've shown to me and my stories. Really! Tysm

If you enjoy the story so far, don't forget to vote and leave any comments, all are welcome.

Until next time, bye💙