Chapter 17

Danielle sits uncomfortably in Haerin's office, waiting for Hanni.

She is just too nervous that she counts over the time again and again, as sweats form on her forehead.

The door then opens revealing Haerin,
Danielle quickly gets up from her seat and politely greet her.

"You can sit down again." Haerin commands, not caring to look at Danielle and goes straight to her desk.

Flipping through some documents concerning the experiment, "Hmm, she has been taking the medicine regularly, so the pheromone levels have decreased. Because it is recessive, the affect appears even quicker." Haerin calmly explains.

"And the... side effects..." Danielle couldn't help but gets worry.

"There have been no problems in clinical trials." Haerin replied.

She then puts a paper on the desk, "When Hanni comes out from the exam, tell her to sign this consent form."

Danielle timidly looks at Haerin who seems to have noticed it, "What? Do you have something to say?" Haerin annoyingly asks.

Gathering up all her courage, Danielle tightly clenched her fist, "Chairwoman, you are....an alpha, right? Like Kim Minji." Danielle timidly asks, her voice almost cracking up due to nervousness.

Haerin then flips her hair, shifting as she crossed her leg, looking like a total boss bitch, "We are not the same, she is dominant and i am recessive." Haerin's coldness was clarified by her low deep ass voice (like Minji)

"Alphas....are also divided into types???" Danielle asks, feeling quite lost and puzzled.

"Yes, although the difference is not so great as before." Haerin sighs, feeling quite annoyed at the clueless Danielle.

"But, what exactly are Alphas and Omegas?" Danielle again asks out of much curiousity.

Haerin was so done by now, taking a deep sigh, "Well, opposite with the same type of pheromones." She lowly mumbles, feeling frustrated to the core.

"I do not mean a theoretical explanation." Danielle grumbles back at Haerin much to Haerin's anger.

"How else can it be explained!?" Haerin furiously yells at the other girl.

She then devilishly chuckles, "Hah! I've heard that betas sometimes talk about 'destiny' or something like that. Do you also believe in those things?" Haerin mockingly said as her predator eyes never leaves Danielle's shy one.

Danielle quickly turns her head away, avoiding eye contacts, "Wha-What's wrong...with that?" She stutters out of nervousness and feels quite shy.

"Pfft!!! Hahahah!" Haerin bursts out laughing at Danielle.

"Ugh! What is so funny?" Danielle angrily shouted at the non-stop laughing Haerin, but was feeling quite shy herself.

Haerin's expression quickly changes to a serious one, "To mark a person and spend the rest of your life with them? That is a very inefficient type of relationship. It is precisely because of that unscientific aspect that it sounds like 'destiny'.....
Once marked, alphas and omegas cannot survive a heat cycle without their mates. Even if your feelings change, the marking cannot be undone. They can never be apart....
Does that sound like a romantic story to you?" Haerin lowly mumbles, sounding as if she's not a fan of love and that love is just a chemical reaction in the brain.

"And you say that even though you're an alpha." Danielle said as she apologetically looks at the seemingly depressed Haerin.

"Only by recognising this, can someone find a suitable partner." Danielle added.