I let out a relieved sigh, leaning against the shelves and studying the peculiar bird for a moment.

"And....you've returned," I grunted, letting out a loose breath.

The bird only blinked back at me, studying me with as much intensity as I did it.

"Here I am trying to find a map to escape and you come back so willingly," I scoffed still trying to understand this bird.

"If you're trying to thank me, you don't have to stay. I accepted your gratitude already."

It simply adjusted its perch, moving to the side, before looking back at me with those black eyes.

Why was I talking to it like it could reply?
I shut my eyes for a moment, shaking my head and chuckling at the humor of it all.

Well, on the bright side, at least I had someone to talk to. Or something to talk to. Who would care if I was slowly losing my mind in private?

Taking a breath out, I took note of my surroundings.

"Where am I going to find a map?" I mumbled to myself, eyes trailing back to the Raven, who tilted its head, staring back at me.

I suddenly froze when something clicked.

"Wait-" I began standing upright.

The raven cawed as my gaze trailed my surroundings. I took a step back from the bookshelves, spinning around, taking in the full sight of everything.

My gaze snapped to the raven with a wide smile, "I'm in a library," I hinted.

The bird blinked.

"I'm in a library." I repeated with a chuckle, "The library. Valcanes oldest. Where else can I find a map of Valcane other than in a library?! There must be a map somewhere around here," I grinned moving closer to the raven as I spoke.

"I mastered the map of Night Moon Pack by heart, I just have to figure out the territory on a map of Valcane and from there, I can tell what route to use to get to the port!"

I gleamed at this now only a foot away from the bird and it watched me carefully not bothering to fly away despite our proximity.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I threw a fist in the air. Finally, something was coming together.

"Okay, okay," I tried to calm my excitement turning back to the Raven, "I'll just have to find a map right?"

My gaze trailed to the vast library

-"And how hard can that possibly.... be?" I trailed off gulping at the width of the library. I side glanced at the raven and it blinked again.

Taking out a breath, I went to a random section of the library.

"Here goes nothing." I breathed.

————————-

"Nothing, nothing -nothing" I grunted, slamming a book shut.

I was sweating, glancing about for my next prey but my fingers were already shaking and my arms hurt from grabbing stacks of books.