31.

COUPLE WEEKS LATER

i was sitting in michael's office ready to remove my cast.

he came back in with the drill and drilled it off quickly.

the past couple of weeks went amazing. luke finally asked sierra out and they are happily dating. crystal and michael are still going strong. calum is finally talking to someone named brandy. she seems nice. ashton was also talking to someone named margaret. all of the boys are happily in love and who was i to complain. even mom was dating someone new who seemed to be treating her phenomenally. i was excited to meet him.

michael finished drilling off my case and i looked down at my arm and felt sick.

"ew." i muttered as i went to go wash my arm off.

michael chuckled as he threw the dirty cast away.

i decided to get my remaining shots earlier and once again they didn't hurt.

mentally, i felt like i was doing a lot better. i didn't feel as trapped inside my own head.

it was a sunday, so no one was on call thankfully.

michael and i headed home to a full house.

i excused myself to my room to freshen up before going down to talk with everyone.

all of a sudden, my phone rang and i saw it was mom. i answered almost immediately.

"hello?" i spoke with a hint of worry.

"don't sound so worried indigo. i just have some news i want to share with you." mom smiled brightly.

"yes?" i asked with a tiny smile. i was happy to see her this happy.

"i know me and todd have only been dating a couple weeks, but he proposed to me. i know you're going to think it's stupid, but i truly love him and i would love it if you could come back to meet him." mom rushed out.

i sat there silently in shock before clearing my throat.

"you're sure it's not too soon?" i asked softly.

"completely." mom replied sternly.

"well then, i support it. i know you already bought my ticket. what's the date?" i asked with a tiny smile.

"tomorrow. sorry! i know it's short notice, but i really want you back here." mom stressed.

"no worries. i'll go tell luke. congrats mom." i spoke as i hung up the phone.

i guess i was going back to australia.

i walked downstairs and gently tugged on luke's arm.

"a word." i spoke softly as i dragged him to follow me.

"what's up?" he asked.

"my mom is flying me back out to australia tomorrow to meet her fiancé. it's short notice, but she's happy and i don't want to miss that. is that okay?" i asked softly.

"of course. you should be there and happy for your mother. just text me the flight information." luke smiled softly.

"thanks luke." i whispered as i hugged him.

instead of going downstairs to socialize with all of their significant others, i decided to stay upstairs and pack.

after a couple hours, i heard the commotion settle down and i headed back downstairs to see the boys, crystal, and sierra sitting around the living room.

"i'm heading back to australia tomorrow. i don't know if luke told you. thank you all for all the help you have given me." i smiled softly from the entrance of the stairs.

"even me?" calum joked.

"even you sherlock." i spoke with an eye roll.

calum smiled back sarcastically at me.

"i hate that fucking nickname." he muttered.

"good thing it's never going away then." i shrugged.

i spent the rest of the night downstairs with the boys after crystal and sierra left.

the next morning was sad. i could feel the heaviness and sadness that i was leaving.

"i'm going to miss you all." i whispered as i group hugged the boys.

"we know." michael sighed as he hugged me tight.

"i'll be back one day." i smiled.

"once again, we know." calum spoke with an eye roll.

"good pointing the obvious out." i replied as i gave him a tight hug.

"thank you for all your help with my mental health and supporting me. i know i was a bitch when i first arrived, but you guys aren't half as bad." i spoke as i was half way out the door.

i sat in the car with luke as we drove to the airport.

i checked my bag in and hugged him tightly at the gate.

"i love you." i whispered to him.

"i love you too babe. thank you for giving me a chance to meet you and get to know you." luke whispered back.

"anything for you." i smiled as i let go and began to walk away.

"you better come back when i get married." luke spoke as he waved.

"it better be to sierra."