10.

the police came in and i was taken to the station in handcuffs. i guess there's a first for everything.

i was dragged out of the car by the police and sat in a holding cell.

a man walked over with a sour expression on his face.

"up, i need to get your finger print and information." he spit out.

i stood up stiffly and followed behind him.

he took all of the information he needed before bringing me to a cell phone.

"you get one call. your bail is set at $500." the man spoke swiftly.

i nodded and sat there thinking. luke was going to be pissed, maybe i should try mom.

i dialed mom's number and she almost immediately picked up.

"baby? are you okay? what's going on?" mom spoke quickly.

"i'm in jail and i'm fine. i need someone to come bail me out." i whispered.

"why the fuck would you hit him baby? he's a doctor. you can't do that shit when you're angry." mom stressed.

"i-i know i'm sorry. i wasn't thinking." i muttered.

"okay, just let me call luke to come get you. i love you. you better pray this man doesn't press charges against you because i can't go back to australia with you." mom spoke firmly as she hung up.

i put the phone back up on the holder before sitting in the corner of the cell.

i really fucked up this time.

luke's pov

i was watching a tv show when i heard my phone ringing. my heart immediately dropped when i saw barbra's name on it.

"hey? is everything okay?" i asked slightly panicked.

"don't be mad. please don't be mad. promise me you won't be mad if i tell you?" she spoke softly.

i could tell this was really serious.

"okay? i won't be mad. what's wrong?" i asked.

"indigo is in jail b- "what! what the hell happened?" i asked as i shout out of bed.

"you said you wouldn't get mad." barbra replied.

"well, forgive me. i was expecting maybe you were feeling pain or she was, not that she ended up in fucking jail." i spoke sarcastically as i slipped sweats on.

"she was defending me luke. one of the doctors came in and was extremely rude to me, saying how i should expect the worse and i should lower my hopes. he was really fucking mean. it hurt my feelings she saw and reacted. if you're going to get mad, get mad at me." barbra spoke firmly.

"was it an older gentleman with brown hair?" i asked.

"yeah, how did you know?" she spoke softly.

"because he's always been a dick." i sighed as i grabbed my keys.

"i'll go get her, just relax. i've got this covered." i muttered as i hung up the phone and began walking downstairs.

"where are you going?" ashton asked as he sat in the kitchen.

"indigo got arrested." i sighed as i began to put my shoes on.

"damn? what for?" ashton asked as he stood up.

"i don't know, want to come along?" i asked.

"yeah, just let me tell michael and calum where we're going." ashton spoke as he walked up the stairs.

all of a sudden i heard a stampede of feet running down.

"what did she get arrested for?" michael asked as he stared at me with complete shock.

"i have no clue. barbra didn't say. are we going to make this a family trip?" i spoke as i tried not to laugh.

"duh." calum replied as he walked down with ashton behind him.

we headed to the car and up the road to the police station.

we arrived and jumped out of the car quickly.

"hello, i'm here for indi- "yeah, she's been crying in the cell in the corner and refuses to talk to anyone. good luck." the officer at the front desk told me.

i quickly followed him back with the boys not to far behind and the scene in front of me broke my heart.

indigo's pov

i sat there in the corner with my head in between my knees as i cried my eyes out. i didn't want to be sent back to australia without mom.

"indigo?" a familiar voice spoke in front of me.

i immediately looked up with blood shot eyes to see all four of them standing there.

"you just h-had to bring e-everyone." i stuttered as i slowly stood up from the corner.

luke didn't respond and just stared at me. i knew he didn't know what to say or do. how could he? he didn't raise me.

after paperwork and the bond was paid i left the station and went back home with the boys in complete silence.

as soon as we pulled in the driveway, i walked upstairs, changed my clothes and tampon before laying on my bed crying.

midnight came up and snuggled next to me.

"i-i'm going to b-be sent back alone." i sobbed into his small body.

i didn't even hear the door open when someone plopped down onto the bed.

"no more tears, it happens. i was in band when i was younger and got busted for weed in australia with michael. i'm not mad, but you do need to apologize." luke spoke swiftly.

"to the jerk who made mom cry. why? he doesn't deserve one." i spoke softly as i sat up and stared at him.

"i never said he did. believe me, he doesn't, but rather apologize to a jerk then be sent back to australia on criminal charges." luke spoke with a shrug.

for once since i've met him, he had a point.