30.

i woke up the next morning to mom sitting on my bed.

"good morning sleepy head." mom smiled as she pet midnight.

"morning mom." i smiled back as i sat up and gave her a hug.

"how do you not have a hang over?" i asked as i stood up and began to change my clothes.

"i didn't get hangovers that often." mom shrugged.

"what are you doing up here?" i asked.

"well, it's time for me to leave for the airport. you slept in." mom chuckled as she stood up from my bed.

i immediately felt a ping of emotion run through me as she stood there.

"you won't be too lonely right? are you sure you don't want me to go back with you?" i asked as i rushed in for a hug.

"i'm sure indigo. get to know your father. call me everyday and night. i'll be okay." mom smiled brightly as she hugged me back.

we walked downstairs together to see luke standing by the door.

"what? is it that wrong for me to drive my ex wife back to the airport?" he asked as he opened the door for us.

mom grabbed her suitcase and walked out the door with me following behind her.

we got into the car and began our drive to the airport.

we arrived and mom checked her bag and was about to enter the security line.

"it's almost like yesterday i picked you up from here and you were coming to me for help because of your heart." luke sighed as emotion entered his voice.

"don't you dare cry luke hemmings." mom spoke as she gave him a hug.

"you need to move on sir. we had our time and marriage. we made a beautiful daughter, but our love came to an end. move on, sierra seemed beautiful and kind." mom whispered to him as she let go.

"now you. don't fall behind in school and don't fall in love with any states boy while you're here. take care of yourself and know that your mother is a phone call away." mom smiled as she hugged me tightly.

"i love you mom." i replied as i hugged her back.

"i love you too baby." she whispered as she let go.

mom entered the security line as she waved to us.

"let's get out of here?" luke asked as he grabbed my hand.

i nodded in agreement.

we went back to the car and began our ride home when luke looked over at me.

"what do you honestly think about sierra?" he asked.

"i think she's super kind hearted and beautiful. why?" i asked.

"i've just been talking to her and we have a lot in common- "you don't need to ask my permission to date her. you're a grown man. whatever makes you happy." i interrupted before he went on his huge rant.

"fair enough. i'm going on a date with her tonight if that's okay with you." luke stated as he looked forward.

i was happy for him.

we arrived at the house and i sat around the rest of the day. there was nothing to do.

a couple hours later, luke came downstairs in a nice suit and combed hair.

"do i- "you look perfect." i smiled.

"thanks baby." luke huffed as he straightened his tux.

"go wow the girl." i smiled as i pushed him out the door.

i could tell he was happy.

ashton came down a couple minutes later and sat down next to me.

"movie night?" he suggested as he started to scroll through the tv.

"movie night." i confirmed.

calum ended up joining us a couple minutes later.

michael was out with crystal, so he wasn't home.

a couple hours later luke arrived home with the biggest smile on his face.

"what?" i asked.

"she's the one. i can't even explain it. it's like love at first sight." luke spoke with a dumb smile on his face.

"aw lukey is in love." ashton teased as he laughed.

"shut up." luke spoke with an eye roll.

the rest of the night was pretty calm. nothing new happened until later.

i was sitting in my room scrolling through instagram when i got a call from a random number.

"hello?" i asked.

"hey! indigo, it's sierra." she spoke from the other line.

"oh hey." i replied with a soft smile.

"i'm sorry it's late, did i wake you?" she asked.

"nope not at all. did you need luke for something?" i replied.

"no no. i actually had a question for you." sierra spoke quickly.

"shoot." i replied as i sat back.

"can i date luke? i know stuff is still raw be- "what is up with you and him both asking. if it's love at first sight, it's love at first sight. i refuse to be in the way of love. of course you can." i interrupted.

"really? i don't want to make you uncomfortable." sierra replied.

"you most definitely don't. i notice how happy you make him." i replied softly.

"thanks indigo. you won't regret this. i won't hurt him." sierra replied.

"i know you won't."