6.

we drove home in complete silence. i didn't want to talk to the man who was practically kidnapping me.

we arrived at a huge house and i looked up at it in awe. it was so much bigger than the house mom and i had back home.

"fancy right?" michael chuckled as he looked at my shocked facial expression.

"very." i replied quickly.

i hopped out of the car and walked with them slowly up to the house.

as soon as the door opened, i was in shock. how the hell could someone afford to live like this.

"here, i'll take you to your room." ashton offered as he guided me up the stairs.

"can i keep midnight with me?" i asked.

"of course, we don't have a pet policy." ashton replied with a slight eye roll.

he opened the door to a huge bedroom with a bathroom.

"what the fuck." i whispered under my breath.

"yeah, the house is massive." ashton laughed lightly.

"i'll let you get settled in." ashton smiled as he walked away. "it was nice meeting you."

"you too." i muttered as he shut the door.

i looked around at the huge room i was standing in.

my mom would love this.

i set midnight down on the bed and began to look around.

i didn't even hear the door open behind me.

"hey, so- luke started to say before i jumped up and let out a loud scream.

"holy fuck!" luke yelled as he ran out of my room.

"what the hell. you scared me." i spoke through raggedy breathes.

"indigo. i say this with as much seriousness as possible, i thought there was an intruder or something." luke replied.

"you freaking ran away? don't even." i sighed as i sat down on the bed next to midnight.

"anyways, your mom told me about you avoiding needles." luke started.

"no. absolutely not. fuck no." i spit out.

"calum offered- "no. i don't want to luke." i spoke with tears in my eyes.

i hated needles more than i hated him, which is pretty hard to beat.

"it's not an option. stop arguing for once in your life." luke snapped at me.

"i'm sorry your highness, when did you become in charge of me?" i spoke sarcastically with a glare.

"clear this whole dad thing isn't for me. why do i even try." luke sighed as he left the room.

i felt slightly bad, but what was i going to do. i didn't need a father now, i needed one when i was a baby.

i slammed the door shut after he left and laid down in the bed with tears in my eyes.

this wasn't home.

luke's pov

maybe i was too harsh? was i hurting her by trying to pursue a relationship?

i walked downstairs and plopped down on the couch.

"that was rough." ashton whispered as he plopped down next to me.

"you're telling me. i can't do this. she clearly wants nothing to do with me and i don't blame her." i sighed as i leaned my head back.

"maybe so, but the luke hemmings i know doesn't give up when someone pushes him away." ashton replied softly.

"yeah, your right. i'm just going to sleep on it." i sighed as i walked upstairs slowly.

indigo's pov

i woke up the next morning and quickly jumped out of bed to go see mom.

i ran into the bathroom and showered. as soon as i stepped out, i remembered that i had no clean clothes.

i groaned and wrapped a towel around myself before noticing blood running down my leg.

i started my fucking period. could my day get any worse?

i rushed to grab toilet paper and sat down on the toilet about to cry.

i grabbed my phone and called mom.

"m-mom." i sobbed into the phone.

"baby? indigo what's wrong?" she spoke slightly panicked.

"i don't have any clean clothes and i started my period." i stuttered into the phone.

"baby, tell luke that. he's a doctor he'll understand." mom chuckled.

"don't laugh! it's not funny." i sobbed as tears rolled down my face.

"hey are you okay?" michael asked as he knocked on the door.

"no! it fucking hurts, fuck off." i sobbed as i clenched my stomach.

"baby, breath. i know i'm sorry. slide the phone under the door i'll explain." mom sighed softly.

i gently slid my phone under the floor and rolled into a ball.

michael's pov

"hey barbra? is she okay?" i asked.

"no, she has really bad period cramps. extremely bad. it's been so bad to the point i've had to give her sedatives to sleep through the pain and take her to the hospital." barbra sighed.

"what did the doctors say?" i asked firmly.

"they couldn't figure out what's wrong. i was thinking cysts, but we didn't have the medical equipment to find out." she sighed.

"did you mention this to luke?" i asked.

"um, maybe not."

"barbra they could fucking burst." i stressed.

"what could? is indigo okay?" luke asked as he stood there.

"we need to take her to the hospital right now."