2.

i saw a man walk up from behind me and i quickly hopped out of the way.

"woah sorry love! didn't mean to startle you." he spoke quickly.

"you are who?" i asked.

"oh! my names ashton irwin. i'm a psychologist here at the hospital. hi barbra!" he smiled at mom.

"yes. it's very nice to meet you." she smiled back.

"how was the flight over?" he asked.

"pretty decent. it was a bit of a bumpy ending." she smiled.

"wow you guys have thick australian accents. where were you living?" ashton asked.

"we were in tasmania." mom laughed.

"no wonder!" ashton spoke.

"so indigo right?" ashton spoke turning his attention to me.

i nodded in response.

"where's the loo?" i asked.

"just around the corner." luke smiled softly.

i nodded and stood up.

luke's pov

once she was out of sight i spoke up, "she doesn't talk a lot. is there a reason for that?" i asked.

"she's never been a big talker in public. she only talks a lot with me. she doesn't really trust many people. i don't know why. i think she has a big fear of getting hurt. she thinks i'm going to die and doesn't want to let anyone in because of that. it's part of the reason i came here, hoping that maybe you guys could earn her trust in case i do pass." barbra spoke softly.

"of course i want to get to know her. i would love too barbra. it's not normal behavior to be as stand offish as she is. i would recommend some sessions with ash in the future. also, you're not going to die. don't think or even say that." i spoke quickly.

"i second what he said. i would love to work with her in sessions during the future. i can see a lot of emotion behind her impression." ashton spoke softly.

"i'm not going to see a shrink." i heard a thick accent behind me.

"baby, it could be worth it." mom spoke softly.

"no. you are the reason we came here to the states. so you should be the focus of the treatment. leave me be." she mumbled as she turned around to walk away.

"i'll go. continue the tests." ashton spoke quickly as he walked off in her direction.

"so how's life been?" barbra asked.

"honestly pretty great. i regret missing out on indigo's life, but i've achieved great things and helped so many people." i spoke.

"that must be amazing. you should be proud. i tried my best with our daughter." she spoke softly.

"i know you did. sharp pinch." i spoke quickly as i injected an IV.

"you know i hate needles." she sighed as she laid back.

"that's exactly why i did it quickly." i smiled.

"can i confess something?" barbra asked.

"of course." i spoke sitting next to her.

"our daughter hasn't been to the doctor's in over 6 years. she unfortunately has the same fear of needles as me and ran away the last time i tried to take her. so maybe you could handle that while we are here." she spoke as she closed her eyes.

"yep. i'll talk to my mate calum about it. get some rest. i'll go find ash and indigo." i spoke as i closed the door.

indigo's pov

i marched through the hospital in a bad mood. i fucking hated this. i didn't even want to come to the stupid states, but for mom's sake of course i would.

i felt a hand gently grab my wrist and i spun around to stare at ashton.

i didn't have the will in me to fight anymore. i broken down sobbing into his shirt.

"it's not fair." i mumbled.

"i know love." he whispered.