119| Hogs and Kisses

Start from the beginning

"I think it's a bad idea." Shawn admitted.

Cory scoffed. "Oh, when did I ever have a bad idea?"

"This isn't going to end well." Zoey muttered under her breath.

••••

After places had been reset, the new casting had gone much better than the first fifty tries. They'd made it to the end of the script with Shawn and Topanga sitting on the couch in front of the camera.

"The social life at Pennbrook University will lead to lifelong friendships and who knows? Maybe more. Right, honey?" Topanga asked.

"That's right, snookums." Shawn replied, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Why, I remember the first night we met, right here in the newly remodelled student union which was paid for by the generous donation of Mr. Stanley Kandleman, class of '48."

"In fact, many students wind up meeting their lifelong mates here at Pennbrook." Topanga continued.

"And while that may not be the number one reason to attend Pennbrook College..." Shawn trailed off.

"It sure ranks high on our list." Topanga finished.

"Kiss her." The director instructed suddenly as he stood from his chair. Shawn and Topanga hesitated for a moment as they looked at each other before pressing their lips against each other. "Come on, more heat. Come on, you're in love. Oh, that's hot. That's very hot."

Even though Zoey knew it was for a movie, but she watched the scene in front of her with almost sick fascination as her worst nightmare came true. Her stomach twisted at the sight of her best friends kiss each other passionately.

Cory instantly grabbed the megaphone and spoke loudly into it. "Cut! Cut! Cut! Back away from the girlfriend! What was that?"

"What?" Shawn asked as he pulled away from Topanga.

"What, 'what?' You know what! You kissed my girlfriend!" Coy shouted.

Shawn pointed at the director. "He told me too."

"And if he told you to put a knife through my heart would you do it?" Cory wondered.

"It depends." Shawn retorted. "Would you be yelling in my ear through a bullhorn at the time?"

Cory smiled nervously and quickly passed the megaphone to the director. "I don't like that you kissed my girlfriend."

"It didn't mean anything." Shawn assured.

"Cory, this is silly. Please don't go crazy over this. Please." Topanga pleaded.

Cory's hands curled into fists as he tried to fight the urge and muttered his girlfriend's request as he walked away.

Shawn stood from the couch and slid his hands into his pockets as he approached his ex-girlfriend. "Hey, Zo."

"What do you want, Shawn?" Zoey wondered, eyeing him warily.

"You're not jealous, are you?" Shawn asked, an irritating, smug smile on his face. "You're not going to make a big deal out of this like Cory, right?"

"You wish, Hunter. We're not dating anymore. You can kiss whomever you'd like and I couldn't care." Zoey replied before she walked away from him.

••••

Later that night, Zoey and Angela were in her dorm room doing room doing homework. The room was completely silent as they worked until Zoey spoke what's on her mind.

"It's like he expected me to care!" Zoey exclaimed as as she threw her hands up in exasperation. "What am I supposed to say 'Yes, Shawnie. I still have feelings for you and it kills me to see you kissing my best friend'."