CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE- BROKEN WALLS

William

When my name came out of her mouth, it was like my soul broke into many pieces. She knew how to break my heart of stone.
I had her in my arms. I kissed every curve of her body and traced each one with my hands. I contoured her delicate face and I would never forget the lines that molded it. She was mine, in that very moment. Even if tomorrow didn't exist, she was mine.
How I wanted to warm her, even though I was such a cold man. In that moment, I knew she broke down the walls I'd built my entire life.
I would not allow her to close her eyes. I had to see every expression on her face when I moved, and dammit...! It was the most beautiful face I had ever seen. They were the sweetest lips I've ever kissed.
I wanted to protect her from me and at the same time, I wanted her close. I was selfish to even think about getting away from her.
— Will...
His trembling voice filled me with pride. I was the one doing this to her. I was the one who drained her strength.
I said your name. I had never said any other woman's name at times like this, but, I had to say hers. I've never felt anything like this and it scared me.
"You scare me, sunshine."
It was dawn, it was almost dawn and we had gone to sleep a few minutes ago. Heloyse was so peaceful in her sleep.
I had dozed off, but I woke up when I felt his hands hug me. My eyes were still heavy, even so, I stopped to study that face. Her face.
Did she have any idea what was happening to me?
As our bodies touched, I could feel how fast my heart was beating. I was no longer the same.
I clutched her to my chest and inhaled the scent of her hair. They were flowing like a long waterfall.
Heloyse sighed, whispered my name and I shivered like a frightened teenager. I never thought my name was cute, but when it came out of her lips, it was different.
I brought my hand to her head and ran my fingers through her hair, stroking it.
"Make love to me, Will", was what she had said a few hours ago and it was enough to make me lose my mind.
"You are so beautiful," I whispered as she slept. There was nothing more enchanting than seeing Heloyse sleeping in my arms.
And it was the last thing I saw that morning. My heavy eyes closed and I fell asleep, but before that, I found myself wishing I had a lifetime with her.