CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE- A WOMAN BETRAYED

Heloyse

The loud sound of a motorcycle woke me up.
I couldn't help but smell the sour vomit that had splattered over my clothes. In fact, the bad smell was part of every place on my body.
I sat up and the pain that was crushing my bones, my head, my flesh, intensified even more. A dry throat and a weight of over a thousand tons hung over me.
I lifted my head and saw my eyes in the mirror. Swollen and red eyes. Hair all disheveled and face with the mark of the bench upholstery.
"Beautiful to death."
I got into the driver's seat with difficulty, due to the pain and exhaustion that the dryness caused. On my cell phone, it was ten twenty-seven in the morning. The sunlight bothered my eyes a little. I opened the glove compartment and took out my sunglasses.
The street was already busy and I needed to get out of there.
I needed a good pill, some breakfast, if I could eat anything, and a nice shower. Soap and perfume! Plenty of soap and perfume. The sour smell was overpowering.
I waited for a while to get used to the feeling, put the key in the ignition and started.
I had a lot to think about. Lots to do.
I went down the street and a few meters ahead, Patsy ran out of a hotel. The heels in her hands and the bag slung over her shoulders. Suddenly, a woman came up from behind and pulled her hair so violently that she fell to the ground.
I slammed the truck to a stop. People started to look, but nobody helped her.
The woman slapped her, punched her and Patsy tried to defend herself, in vain.
Why didn't people help her?
I got out of the truck and struggled to stay upright due to the discomfort.
"Do you like dating married men, bitch?" Let's see if they want you after I smash your face - the woman distributed punches in her face. "Christian won't do anything, does he know why?" Because you were just an adventure. He just wanted to know if you were like their friends said you were. Do you know what they said? That you were too easy. Tramp!
She threw Patsy to the ground, sat on her stomach, knees pinning her arms, and prepared to throw another punch when I grabbed her hand.
- Enough!
Patsy had her lips bleeding, her makeup smudged as if she had cried a lot earlier.
"Let me go, or you're next."
- Whatever! Will hitting me make your husband faithful to you? Will it erase the betrayal you suffered? If it is, then knock.
She glared at me and then, after landing another punch in Patsy's face, she got to her feet. Patsy turned her face to the side, transformed by pain.
The woman looked at me with tears in her eyes.
“Nothing can take away the pain of betrayal. Because of her and that son of a bitch' - she pointed to the floor, where Patsy was - I'm suffering. I am pregnant with him and we are going to get a divorce because I am not able to trust someone who has betrayed my trust. I can't…” she said in a shaky voice.
"I understand," I said, nodding. “I know what it's like to be betrayed. I feel for you. But this child is not to blame for anything. You now need to worry about your pregnancy. Stressing yourself out in this way will put your pregnancy at risk. I know you don't want that.
She sneered at Patsy and wiped away her tears.
“I can't help but feel angry.
“There's no way not to feel it. You have every right, however, there are more important things than venting your anger.
She nodded slowly and let out a long breath. She was looking distractedly at some point on the floor, for seconds later, to react.
- You're right.
He looked at the people around him and took a deep breath. She started walking and then turned left onto a street.
I looked at the figure that was on the ground, completely destroyed. She was motionless, looking up at the sky as the tears fell. Afterwards, she supported her hands on the floor and with difficulty, tried to get up. I put my hands on her arm to help her, but she quickly pulled away.
- Not!
“Let me help.
She smiled cynically. Her bloodstained lips, slightly swollen. Even smiling, a trickle of tears fell from her eyes again.
- Not! Don't humiliate me. I don't take pity from anyone.
“It's not pity. Anyone would do it.
- He is sure? See these people? She pointed to some who were still watching us. "Do you know why they didn't help me?" Because I'm the slut of Clearwater. The spoiled White. The one who always makes fun of others, the one who stays with the husband of those fat, unloved women... Because I do to the whole world what they already did to me. I step on everyone and I don't care... I don't...
She sobbed and put both hands to her face and cried.
I put a hand on her shoulder, then grabbed her arm and lifted her up.
- Leave me! she said pulling away.
"I'll take you home."
“She didn't break my toes and feet. I can still drive.
He spat out saliva mixed with blood and looked at me for a moment.
–– Heloyse… Damned time you came to Clearwater.
She picked up her shoes and purse from the floor, did her walk of shame to her car, started it, and drove away.
People went back to their chores and I went back to the truck, terribly sad.
Christian's wife felt firsthand what it was like to be disappointed. Christian wasn't her enemy, so she was disappointed.