26 ☾ Water and Lightning

Jaya Chapter :)

<Words: 1042>

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

╓═══════☆═══════╖

                   Jay's POV:

╙═══════☆═══════╜

Nya and I were assigned to the beaches at the edges of the Crystal Kingdom since water played to both of our strengths. "Hurry up Jay! If we linger around here any longer there will be no snakes to fight at the seas!" Nya started pacing towards me, grabbed my shirt collar, and dragged me. "Nya I know how to walk!" I whined, but she didn't even think to look at me then "Well you don't know how to do it well!" I felt like a cat had just been plundered into a pool of water. "Nyaaaaaaaaaaa" I whined more waiting for her to let me go.

Nya, let go of my shirt once we got to the edge of the beaches, thousands of snakes lined the docks and the shores. "Looks like a storm is coming Jay," Nya smirked and put her fists up. Dark clouds started to swirl throughout the night sky and I could feel the pulsing energy from the electricity inside the clouds begin to surge throughout my body. "Come on you nasty snakes, come and get me," Nya, with a quick flip of her hand, sent a huge force of water that drowned most of them that were in the front. Lightning started to come down from the clouds and struck me. I felt more and more powerful with every force of lightning that surged through my body.

I jumped up into the air and did a spinning move which made me look like a ball of lightning, I had hit about 10-15 snakes and knocked them dead. There were about 50 snakes left on the beaches but I wasn't scared, with Nya and I combined, we could do anything. We're the storm couple.

"Jay! Look out!" Nya quickly jumped in front of me and created a forcefield of water that stopped a blast that came from a snake with a spear, the blast bounced off Nya's water shield and came bouncing back to him. "Thanks, Nya," I sighed in relief thankful that neither I nor Nya wasn't hurt, I was kinda scared she would've jumped in front of me like in those dramatic stories where one person in the couple sacrifices themselves to save the other.

"Anytime Jay, but we gotta get back to fighting these snakes," I nodded and took out my pair of nunchucks from my back and swung them around. I ran to a group of snakes and did my spinjitzu, once my spinjitzu momentum was done the group of snakes was laying on the floor unconscious.

╓═══════☆═══════╖

                 Nya's POV:

╙═══════☆═══════╜

    As Jay was going towards another group of snakes I decided to go for the group that was right in front of me. I created a huge wave from the ocean and sunk the snakes that were in the water there were suddenly snake arms covering my neck, they were choking me. I glanced over and saw Jay staring at me, I gave him a look that meant to say 'get over here right now and help me!' and it's a good thing he got the memo, I am his true love anyways. Jay smacked the snake with his nunchucks right in his face which made the snake fall down and cover his face in pain. "Are you ok?" Jay asked me as I was recovering my breath from almost dying.

"Yes, but you could've gotten here a little sooner," Jay nervously chuckled and put his hand on his neck "Sorry, there was a group of snakes I was taking care of," He grabbed my hand and helped me back on my feet. A certain little duo of snakes looked like what I assumed were generals because they were fancied with different and shinier metal armor than the other snakes we had defeated. I shot up my arms which created a quick whiplash, I held the water in position and glared at the snake generals. They both glanced at each other nervously and then quickly put down their weapons and bowed down. "We surrender, just please don't hurt us, Ninja," I got really confused but let the waterfall to the ground.

Jay looked at me and we had our little facial conversation of 'should we trust them or should we not?' I nodded thinking they really don't look that harmful and they don't have any type of communication with them. I slowly walked towards the snakes and they stood up slowly, their faces filled with guilt and disappointment from being captives. "Don't worry, we aren't that bad with captives. Just ask Harumi," one of the snakes slowly smiled and they both followed us as we went back to the arcade.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Hey, is anybody back yet? We got a couple of uh snakes that surrendered to us," I yelled, my voice echoing off the stone walls, a door opened, and out came Emiliana "Hey Nya, I'm just keeping patrol to make sure nobody finds our spot," Emiliana smiled and I smiled back. "You mentioned surrenders?" she asked me "Yes, but don't like hurt them or anything, we're generally nice to captives,".  Emiliana nodded and told the snakes to follow them they did but hesitated for a second before following her, Emiliana started to have a nice conversation with them and I smiled. "Looks like we just have to wait for the cue to go to the castle, the big bad snakes are there," I confidently chuckled. Jay smiled and put his arm around my neck.

"We for sure got this,"

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

By the way, those snake generals were Aether and Astraeus. 

Also, Ninjago's Non-lyrical music is really good and it helped me come up with scenarios for this scene actually. THE MUSIC IS JUST 10/10!!

My most recommended Ninjago Non-lyrical songs are probably Built to protect, Morro Master of Wind, and March of the Oni Suite. I listen to these songs SO MUCH

But mainly March of the Oni Suite because OH MY GOSH THE MIDDLE PART I THINK AT 8:05, 8:19, 9:45 THE MUSIC GETS SO GOOD AND THEN IT GETS LIKE KINDA SAD BUT OMG IT'S AMAZING AND IT'S WEIRD THAT I USED TO HATE IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T LISTEN TO IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH! OH, IT GETS REALLY GOOD AT 8:45 LIKE OMIGOSH. (But it does get kinda sad a lil bit at the end)

Anyways, have a good day 😀