25 | Go for it

Woah we're almost at 10 chapters left...

<Words: 919>

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Kai's POV:

Once I heard of a palace raid I ran towards the palace, Skylor was still inside and I didn't want her to get hurt even more. Fortunately, while I was walking around my transmitter started working and I now know where the ninja is. I slammed the palace doors open and ran upstairs, I started to check all the rooms until I could find Skylor, when I opened the last door there Skylor was still weak but able to move just a little bit "Kai?" Skylor turned her head toward me and I walked over to her "Don't worry Sky I'm gonna get you out of here, it's not safe here anymore," I picked up Skylor bridal style and carried her outside, but I had to find a different way to get out because with all the time I was with Skylor some snake guards then went to guard the doors.

"Ok, looks like we need another way out," I whispered to myself I looked around until I could find a place to get out. Soon enough, I found a ladder that led down the stairs into a basement. "Ok Sky, I don't exactly know how we're gonna do this," Skylor stared at me "Do you think you can walk for a few ladder steps?" I asked her hoping that she wouldn't get mad at me. "I think I can," I slowly set Skylor down and her legs wobbled a bit but she soon got the hang of walking, she grabbed onto the first rung of the ladder and stepped down one by one. I followed behind her and she collapsed on the floor once she got to the bottom.

I picked her up again but I could hear shushing coming from a cabinet, there was a mattress nearby so I then set Skylor on the mattress to check out the cabinet. I walk over to the cabinet ready to grab my sword out at every moment. I swing open the doors and there were 8-10 kids who were all huddled together inside the cabinet. "Woah, what are you kids doing in here?" I asked them some of them whimpered and others were just hesitant "It's okay, I'm one of the ninja," saying that made them calm down just enough for them to finally start talking to me "The Countess told us to hide in here, she said she was going to check out something upstairs," a little girl told me I nodded and told them to get out of the cabinet but not to go upstairs.

"Do any of you know a way out of here?" I questioned the kids hoping one of them would know "I think the Countess pressed a brick somewhere by those stairs and it opened a secret door," the same little girl said. "Ok thanks," I smiled and then went by the stairs and started looking at the bricks very closely until one of them caught my eye. I pushed on the brick and it indeed was the right one, the wall started to open slowly until the light from outside was visible. I went over to Skylor and picked her up again "Stay safe kids," I smiled at them and they smiled back "Ok, now that I know where the others are it should be a piece of cake," I hid from all the snakes, walking until I made it to the abandoned arcade.

I shifted us both through the planks that boarded up the door and walked around looking for the rest of the group. "Kai!" Nya went up to me and hugged me "Hey sis," I sighed in relief and set Skylor down by the wall "What happened to Skylor?" Lloyd asked me "An unexpected blast came from behind us and knocked her unconscious for a while, she's fine now except for her leg," I explained to the rest "Well, Harumi and Zane are trying to make food. They had a snack bar with a kitchen here," Lloyd said.

My mouth started to water at just the thought of food, let alone it was Zane and Harumi cooking it. "Well, while we wait for food to get done, I think we should make a plan for what we need to do next," Cole stated and we all agreed. "Maybe we could ask Crystallia for some of her guards," Seliel said until Emeliana interrupted "That wouldn't work," we all got confused "Why not?" Lloyd asked Emeliana "Because I got word that she got killed by Amocleera and that Amocleera already has the bow," Emeliana's face then looked sour "Why didn't you tell us this earlier?!" Jay exclaimed, "I didn't wanna make you guys hurry yet,".

"Well then, I guess that's out of options what else can we do?" I said, "Amocleera's army is all over the city, the sea, the mountains, and even the castle!" Nya started to tense up but Jay then started to calm her down. "What don't we just assign people to take care of the army at certain places? Like we could have Nya and Jay take down the Army at sea, Zane and I work on the mountains, Cole and Seliel the streets, Kai and Skylor the army that surrounds the castle, and then we can all attack inside the castle," Pixal started to explain. Even though her plan doesn't sound the most pleasing, it could be our only choice.

"I'm in for that,"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

<3