5 | A blast from the past

Lloyd's POV:

"Who are you? And how do you know my name?" I asked the mysterious person

I'm sorry," the person said

"What are you apologizing for?" I asked my cell neighbor confused

"For everything, I've done to you." the person said. Who was it? It could be any of the villains I've faced, but then it all started to add up. Soft voice. Somebody who's done everything they could to ruin my life. 

Harumi.

"Harumi." I scowled

"I know that you're angry that I'm here you're right I should just be out of your life already," she said she didn't sound like her normal confident voice instead she sounded sad like she was just about to break into a thousand pieces of glass.

"Why are you a special prisoner to them?" I asked her as I look to my left to the cell wall but I couldn't see her. "I guess they just found that I could ruin your life. But I don't want to do that to you anymore. I don't." she said. I couldn't tell if she was lying just to betray me again or if she meant it.

"Well, how bout we bust out of this place then," I said to her

"That would be nice, especially since I've been here for 4 years," she added.

4 years.

Amocleera has been keeping Harumi prisoner for 4 years for no reason.

I then tried to break out of the chains but it was no use I couldn't reach the top of the chains. I let out a furious scowl. 

"Lloyd waits I have something that can help," Harumi said to me. "How can something from you help me?" I asked. "I can tell you don't want my help. It's fine," she said sadly. "No that's not what I-" I facepalmed myself. "What I meant is how could you help if there's this big wall between us," I said while I pointed to the wall.

"Lloyd there's a hole in the wall. How can you not see it, you big idiot." She said while laughing. I had missed her laugh it was the purest thing I've ever heard. I looked down to see a hole that had bars at the bottom of the wall. I smiled and asked her "So what did you have in mind?". I waited for a minute until I heard a metal clink on the floor I looked down next to me and saw a hairpin that was fairly large and looked like it could bend very easily. "There," she said to me, I then took off my boot and grabbed the hairpin with my toes and brought it to my hands I bent to hairpin into a straight line and started to picklock the locks. The cuff around my left wrist then fell and I went to work on my right one. Finally, the cuff came out of my right hand. I moved around my hand and my wrist popped.

 I  got up, stretched, and then started to pick the lock on the cell door. Once the cell door lock came off I looked outside to see any guards and there were none. Looks like it was their lunch break. Speaking of lunch I was very hungry. 

I walked over to Harumi's cage and was shocked. Her hair was down A/N: He in Love 😍🤭😏and she looked like she had been scratched by a tiger all over, her arms, her legs, her face, everywhere. I was shocked I knew she had done some bad things but even she doesn't deserve this. I opened her lock and then crouched down by her and started to take the cuffs of her locks until I looked up and saw her staring at me with her big brown eyes "You gotta promise not to do anything questionable once I get you out of here though." I said to her. "Lloyd I already told you I changed ok," she said annoyed. "I'm just saying it will take a while for me to trust you," I said with my eyes focusing on the locks on her hands.

Then something came to my mind. 

"If you had that hairpin this whole time why didn't you just get yourself out?" I asked her. "I was waiting for somebody else to come then I could save somebody else," she said to me as she looked down at me lockpicking the cuffs.

"Oh, that's good," I said to her with a smile. I finally got the cuffs off her hands ever since she was a special prisoner I should have expected that her cuffs were more advanced. I stood up and held out my hand. "Come on we gotta get out of here," I said to her. She looked up and she first hesitated but then she grabbed my hand and stood up. She wobbled at first, I wondered how long it's been since she has stood up. 

"Come on, Rumi we gotta go," I said to her

"You used my nickname." She said to me with a smile. "Oh, uh, yeah," I said as a covered my face with the hand that wasn't pulling her to cover my blush.

Come on Lloyd this girl betrayed you and resurrected your father! Well, it's not her fault that she's gorgeous.

Once we got up the stairs a guard saw us. 

"PRISONERS ON THE LOOSE!" He yelled.

A bunch of snakes then came slithering toward us, I used my powers to stop them, and then we both ran as fast as we could and we hid behind a building in the shadows. The guards had no idea where we went so they gave up.

Then Rumi embraced me in a hug.

I hugged her back.

A/N:

Yes some of you were correct Harumi was the special prisoner, but why she was so special shall not be revealed just yet. Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Discord for updates and such: https://discord.gg/gUSnTv7f

(Copy and paste link)

976 words