36 | Debt

A/N: with three hours earlier I mean three hours before Alessios POV so the clock is like five pm ish (17.00) TW: not really SA but creepy and blood.

Naitee

*3 hours earlier*

 I picked myself up of the bathroom floor just in time because the second I sat down on the couch the door opened. Ross steps in and he's dusted with snow, so wherever we are must be somewhere in the northern east. That is extremely unhelpful and if it's snowing that means that it's too cold to run away from here without any proper gear and that means that I'll either have to wait him out or steal his car. I don't have good odds with either. 

"Hello!" He calls out and pulls of his shoes. He walks up to me and I don't react when he presses a cold, sticky kiss to my forehead. 

"Welcome back." I say and I don't even feel disgusted, just empty. Like all my emotions were left in that room with-- Hannah. Or whatevers left of her anyway. 

"Thank you, I've had such a day. Making deals and exchanging information and all that. It was like vultures fighting over a piece of meat." Ross falls down on the couch beside me and drags a hand through his brushed back hair. The image of what those hands have done plays before my eyes but I don't feel anything about it. There's nothing worse I could find out about him now. 

"Really?" I say but it's not really a question, I just need him to talk more. Any chance he could slip up could save my life. 

"Yeah well I had to cash in some favors--" He gives me a look. "So there was alot of back and forth." I nod slowly and cross my legs. 

"So what did you do?" He asks as his hand lands on my knee and my mind starts to delve into that dark part that I so narrowly escaped five years ago. 

"Uhh-- nothing really. Watched some TV and slept some more." Ross claps his hand upp and down on my thigh and I force myself to breathe out slowly. 

"Great, it's good that you're resting." Ross stands up and I'm so relieved I can't stop the little sigh that leaves me. Ross gives me a look but walks toward the kitchen. I watch him more closely this time and see him swipe a bracelet against the cupboard before opening it. Maybe the bracelet has some sort of electronic key? Could it possibly be what unlocks the boot around my ancle. Since there's no hole where you could possibly fit a key, it has to be electronic. 

Has to be. 

I have to get that bracelet. 

Ross starts to cook again and I realise it's because he doesn't want me to get close to any of the knives. How can he be so deep in his delusion and still so cautious? I watch him like a hawk but he doesn't do any slip ups. Every single drawer is shut properly and all the tools are neatly washed and put back in their places. 

It takes him fourty minutes to cook the steak and rice and during that time he hasn't given me anything. With horror I watch him plate everything, light candles and pour wine. Something tells me that this is more of a date than a dinner between a father and daughter. Somehow in his delusion has been a cross between me and Hannah creating some kind of psycho-sexual obsession and I'm not sure I can play along with that. I have played a lot of different roles during the last five years but this might be the line I can't cross. 

I gather all the strength I have left and rise from the couch. I force my legs to not wobble as I walk to the dinner table and sit down before one of the plates. Ross pushes my chair in in a move that should've been chivalrous but the way his hands rest on my shoulders after is just right down creepy. Finally after squeezing them for a little while he lets go and walks around to sit across from me. He's wearing jeans a white button up that doesn't quite fit him. The buttons are just a little to strained.