Chapter 17

I spent the next two weeks creating the perfect plan and today I wait for Simone in a park to execute it.

I'm dressed in black with shades and a cap standing by a tree. I watch James' former executive secretary take a sit by the bench and when I'm sure she's alone I walk up to Simone and take a sit besides her.

' You have what I need?' I ask .

' Do you have what I need?'

In reply we both exchange envelopes and open them to read the contents.

' For Mr James.' She declares like a crusader with a holy mission.

' For James.' I pledge myself in this crusade.

We go our separate ways , each with a mission. In my envelope is information concerning every plutocrat and foreign Tribune intelligence spy on our soil here to kidnap Shannon .

In Simone's envelope contains information I found about the whereabouts of the International Liberators especially Louise.

Simone will submit them to the SSI under her name and every Tribune will use them to destroy the Liberators in order to stay in power.

For James , they should have never killed my father.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Crawfords , Johnson's , Sterling , McQuid and the list goes on.

They all died in accidents , car crash , showers , food poisoning , drowning in pools or stroking while taking a bath. True some of them I couldn't bother to be creative , I would just shoot them , strangle or blow them up in their mansions . Good riddance to rich people who don't know what to do with their money but but children. Goodness , I sound like Shannon.

Today I am sitting in the bar where it all began. I sip the contents of the same type whisky I drank five months ago and I watch the ordinary people laughing , dancing , smiling , kissing and practically hooking up on the dance floor.

There are others slapping each other, throwing really good drinks on someone they are upset with. It's chaotic but I love it and I now know why I would watch them every night.
I hid in my cocoon because of what do and kept everyone at a distance but deep down I wanted a life , so I watched those I envied and imagined I was them just so I wouldn't be them.

I think of my mother , her green eyes warm as she sang me to sleep. I think of my father pretending like he knew what he was doing in order to be the man of the house when he sucked at plumbing....My parents who died so young who thought I could be anything I wanted.

I press the send bottom and the message concerning my location is sent to every spy. I drive off too David's cabin.

At Dawn the first explosive goes off and I know on down and a hell lot more to go.

Now they know the place is trapped . I'm up a rock ahead watching from a good angle and saw my first spy's car blown into a heap of fire.

The rest get out off their cars cautiously  preferring to walk on foot than drive risking explosives. They see each other and recognize competition for kill and soon begin killing each other for the grand prize.

This is a plot twist , they are doing all the work for me . So watch them shoot , strangle , kick , punch , stab and get creative with sharp rocks , killing each other.

Now I understand why Romans enjoyed watching gladiators fight to the death or execute people feeding them to lions in the colosseum as there is something satisfying about watching someone you want to kill fight for their lives. Shit, I'm a sadist.

I find myself left with seven spies. With my snipers precision , I shoot one , two , three , four. Then they spot me and come running. One of them is Kelly. I throw a dagger in the leg of one but he keeps coming.

I greet Kelly with a punch , kick one guy in the stomach and take out the dagger from the others leg and shove it down his throat.

I turn to see Kelly snap the neck of the other spy and then she winks at me. She runs and tackles me to the ground. She is strong and sits on top of me delivering punch after punch. With all my might , I get up with her delivering blows and I crush land her back on the hard ground. She winced from the pain and I punch her right rib forcing her to release me . I punch her in the nose and grab a dagger concealed in my boot and stab her in the heart. The last of them.

I send the address to SSI . They will use this as a warning to keep foreign Tribunes out , this could mean war and like I said no one wants war. This means no international political threat to Shannon.

---------------------------------------------------------

The SSI raid every Liberators' safehouse I managed to find and those arrested started making deals for shorter sentences by giving away other locations , leaders and powerful allies. Three days so the terrorist being arrested and most ordinary citizens crying as they saw another failed revolution to save them from the tyrannical Tribune who have done nothing to save them from extinction but corrupt enough to save themselves.

Louise is at the border with smugglers ready to leave. I smile and press the red bottoming the remote I'm holding.
I planted explosives on the trucks and I watch them explode and Louise pulling out her gun. Rodrigo son of a bitch.

I shoot the four guards with them and I watch Louise searching for me anxiously.

' Come out , Marvin!' She yells , ' I know it's you it can only be you.'

I put a bullet in her head and emerge from behind a tree. Before Rodrigo could fire , I shoot his fingers off and then his leg. I walk up to him as he falls to the ground and I look at him. Son of a bitch I thought he loved her but he was also going to separate her from her children.

' For Shannon.' I declare before I put a bullet in his head.