Chapter 7

This chapter is dedicated to @
danielsmith42 🌹. Thank you for all the love and support you have shown for my books. Check out his books guys. Xoxo

The address led us to a cathedral , very clever hide. It seats more than a hundred people and gatherings at churches are nothing new or suspicious but I wonder if anyone still prays after everything seems to have failed us. Graveyard , perfect , spooks anyone away and everyone expects the clergy to be charitable so no one would suspect them for harbouring criminals.

' Not bad.' Comments Shannon , ' That is if you are into gothic architecture ?'

' You’re not?'

' On the contrary ?' She smiles enthusiastically , ' I used to kill it in history , I love all these ancient buildings , St Peter’s Basilica , the Mecca Mosque , colosseum , pyramids. All those structures that were destroyed and none of our civil engineers seem to know how to rebuild. Funny hey , we go to school to learn how to build jokes in comparison to those of the past and all we have are books and encyclopedias to show us no human era is most ingenious , we all fall short somewhere . Ancients could build with no advanced technology , we can’t build but we have the most advanced technology.'

I let out a chuckle to that honest observation , ' Do ever keep anything to yourself , like think in your head?'

' Absolutely not,' She smiles at me , a warm heart melting smile and the only genuine smile she has ever given me , ' I like hearing myself talk and besides what is the point of reading and learning if you can’t do anything with all that knowledge . Best I share it . I know I used to annoy my family and friends with the endless chatter but I never listen to anyone especially when they tell me to shut up so don’t bother as you will find I'll never stop talking.'

' Yay.' I get out of the car.

She follows me out and smiles , ' Trust me hun , you’ll miss me when you are alone in your lonely , quiet misery. Everyone does , I’m the life of the party.'

' Humble brag.'

' I’m not sure I’ll miss your sarcasm.' She rings the doorbell, ' like an actor I prefer an audience that claps.'

' You’re not an actor.' I say it as a matter of fact .

' True but I still love attention .' She turns to face me , ' I thought church doors should always remain open just in case a lost soul is looking for refuge for a dying spirit or something . This is like shutting doors to God.'

' Or maybe precaution to keep the liberators safe.' I add also getting impatient , I would rather not wait out here so A-7 should find us .

In that very moment the door was opened by a young extremely cautious deacon who didn’t exactly open the entire door but let out only his peeking curly head and eyes wide open as if his seen a ghost . His really bad at this , if I was a cop I would have sworn he was just burying a dead body.

' Hi , there?' The young man asked , well it certainly sounded more like a question than a greeting.

' Hi , ' Shannon replies with a very professional , calm voice that reminds me of a therapist, one that makes someone trust you . ' May we please speak to whoever is in charge?'

' It’s almost evening ,' the boy answers with a shaky voice , ' the priest is asleep.'

His a terrible liar.

' At 6pm '? I chuckle , ' Come on , you can do better than that. I’m guessing his heading an assembly this very moment which is why you are feeling edgy . If I were a cop I would have forced that door right now and went straight to arrest him for illegal gatherings thanks to your ‘covering'…'