Chapter 15

Linda kept fussing over her son very much against his wishes as he got back home from the hospital.

She thought she had lost her golden boy and with Veronica still missing,  she tripled his bodyguards.

' I'm fine mum, I can sit.' Christian gestured at his plastered hand in a sling, ' the rest of my body still works. What of my sister?'

' That is exactly what I want to know?' Linda turned to face Assistant Director Gibson and A-7.

' My Intel tells me she is with the Liberators. A British spy named Gordon Phillips  was the one who kidnapped her. The British, African and Asian Tribune were also aiding the attack.'

' Were?' Asks Christian.

' They too came for the Bearer and when that didn't work out I suspect T-23 eliminated them. Well , the African spy got away and the assassin who tried to kill you is British apparently both are after T-23 and the Liberators.'

' I thought the Liberators had T-23 wrapped around their finger ?' Asks Linda.

' I may have helped with that disillusionment.' Replies Christian. ' I told Shannon the truth.'

' You did what?'

' Mum , if Shannon was impregnated by a powerful plutocrat with means to protect her it wouldn't be a challenge to get rid of the father but of all the men in the world , she just had to pick an assassin, a government assassin . I figured if we can't hold on to her because of her killer boyfriend then we should at least tell her why we want her.
' See I knew the Liberators wouldn't,  for all their talk of being different they are just like us only with no power and if we are both bastards in Shannon's eyes then at least we will be the honest bastards she can respect.'

' Good call.' The President took a seat opposite her son. ' Gibson get me my daughter and the Bearer if you please.'

' There maybe complications to that , ma'am.'

'What ? For heavens sake!?'

' The plutocrats are now aware of the Bearer being out of your custody and the Wilsons and Broussards have already sent some hired muscles to kidnap her?'

' They have her?'

' No, T-23 killed them . His on the run with the girl. He broke into David James house three days ago and we found his safe opened . No forced entry he must have known the combination.'

' Or maybe David was the one who broke into his house.' Suggests Christian.

' No, son , we found his body at the Vanderbilt estate.'

' Well , I suppose I should be grateful that T-23 is the father as he seems to be getting rid of our competition.'

' That is until he starts getting rid of us.' Christian reminds his mother.

' Damnit , why a government assassin of all men. I thought human rights lawyers hate government assassins. Why couldn't she be like any other decent lawyer and date a doctor or engineer or the next president or something.' Linda takes a deep breath. ' I suppose you known how to make this all go away , Gibson?'

Gibson nodded , ' Simple , I'll put the kidnapping of Veronica and the disappearance of the Bearer on the Liberators. We have the Bearer's mother and for the sake of her family and keeping her secret smuggling activities from her husband , she will make a public statement accusing the Liberators for kidnapping her pregnant daughter and claim we , the Tribune are doing out best to help find her.
' As for the British and African spies , A-7 will handle them. No doubt they are also got on T-23's steps and will lead us to him. I'll send some of our best agents B-40, Z-3, F-10 and Q-50 to eliminate the Presidents , Harrington , Li and Vilakazi and frame their countries own liberators. That should do it.'

' Divide and conquer.' Nods Christian. ' I like the way you think.'

' I told you she is brilliant.' Agrees Linda.