𝟎𝟏𝟖 - 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

- ͙۪۪̥ ̊┊❛ [ POWERLESS ] ❜┊ ̊ ͙۪۪̥◌

"Kaz, we are not going to clone you, so just drop it."

Y/N, OLIVER, AND Skylar laughed as they walked into the lobby of the hospital, pink flyers in Oliver's hands

"Hey, Solar Flare," Oliver greeted as the trio walked up to the hero. "-we're throwing a party Tuesday night. And we'd like to invite you...to be the barbecue." Oliver finished and the hero's once smiling face dropped. Solar Flare grabbed an invitation from Oliver's hand and put it into flames and dropped the ashes before walking away. "It's just as well. She always burns everything anyway." Oliver shrugged.

"Yeah, but her smoked apple cobbler is so good." Y/n commented and Skylar nodded, agreeing with the girl.

"You're throwing a party on Tuesday?" Kaz asked in disbelief as he approached the three. "But I thought the three of us were supposed to try out that new superhero-themed restaurant."

"Actually, Skylar, Y/n, and I went there yesterday," Oliver told him. Y/n cringed, guilt filling her at Kaz's heartbroken expression. She had told Oliver that they should have waited to go with Kaz, after all he was the one who found out about it opening. "-and I do not recommend the chili. Goes through you faster than a speeding bullet." Oliver joked, causing the three to laugh together, Y/n hiding it behind her hand before she cleared her throat and fixed her glasses.

"So what's the party for anyway?" Kaz asked.

"It's for Skylar." Y/n replied.

"Yeah, I was bummed that it's been a year since the Annihilator stole all my powers..." Skylar began explaining, Oliver cutting in.

"So I said, instead of focusing on the negative, let's do a party to celebrate the anniversary of Skylar coming to Mighty Med." Oliver continued.

"And I said, ooh, fun! Let me plan it. 'Cause the only thing better than parties is planning parties. And having powers. Now I'm sad again." Skylar said as her face slowly faded of color. Y/n's chest ached for the girl as she went over to her and rubbed Skylar's arms to comfort her.

"No, no, don't be sad. Go hand out invitations." Oliver said quickly, trying to distract her.

"Ooh, fun!" Skylar chirped as Oliver handed her the pink flyers. Y/n smiled encouragingly as Skylar left to hand out the invitations.

"You okay? You seem a little upset." Oliver asked Kaz as Phillip walked over.

"I am a little upset. Thanks for noticing. You know, I was beginning to think no one around here cares at all about how I feel." Phillip overshared to the group.

"Oh, Phillip." Y/n said sadly as she rubbed his arm in comfort.

"Actually, I was talking to Kaz." Oliver corrected.