𝟎𝟏𝟑 - 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐜𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

- ͙۪۪̥ ̊┊❛ [ CAPTAIN MCCHEESY TIGHTS ] ❜┊ ̊ ͙۪۪̥◌

"He's from the 50's."

AS OLIVER RAN A TEST, Y/n stood behind him, looking through Captain Atomics paper's, Kaz stood over her shoulder looking through them with her

"Guys, I think I know what's wrong. Help me turn him over." Oliver told them. Y/n set the papers down on the cart as Kaz helped Oliver turn Captain Atomic to his side. Oliver flipped up the back of Atomics' suit, revealing a broken battery plugged into his back. "See?"

"Parapluie!" Kaz exclaimed.

"What?" Y/n questioned.

"That's the French word for umbrella." Kaz explained with a proud smile.

"Kids, what's the problem?" Horace asked as he rushed over to them.

"Captain Atom's atomic battery is corroded." Oliver explained. "I should have examined him before I encouraged him to fight. We've gotta replace his battery or he'll die. Do you have any replacements?"

"Oh, we have plenty of those." Horace replied.

"Where?" Oliver asked, relieved.

"In 1953." Horace added. "That was the last year we manufactured atomic batteries. It turned out the main component, uradium 7, had some unpleasant side effects."

"What kind of side effects?" Kaz asked.

"Let's just say Dr. Glowhead wasn't born that way." He muttered to them. Just then, Dr. Glowhead walked over to them with a bright smile. "Hey, I was just talking about you." Horace said with a quick smile as he signed the clipboard and watched Dr. Glowhead walk away before turning back to the teens.

"This is all my fault." Oliver sighed. Y/n's eyebrows furrowed, feeling bad for her brother. Then she thought of an idea.

"Horace, can you use the wormhole transporter to send us back to 1953 so we can get an atomic battery?" She suggested.

"No. Are you kidding me? I don't wanna get stuck in a wormhole." Kaz fibbed. Although what he said was completely true, he was mainly saying it for Y/n's benefit. He just really didn't want her to get stuck in a wormhole for the rest of her life.

"Sorry, I can't, it's not repaired yet." Horace told them as he took out a screwdriver.

"Good." Kaz sighed in relief. Horace took the screwdriver to a screw and turned it tight.

"Now it's repaired."

"Dang it."

"But I still can't send you. It's too dangerous."

"Good." Kaz sighed again as the twins looked at each other.

"But it's the only way to save Captain Atomic's life." Oliver explained.