Chap 26

Most of the times we don't say what we feel. But when we do...

It comes straight from the Heart..
.
.
.
.

I was lying on the bed with my hand under my head. The windows to the room were open, making the moonlight fall right over the bed. The silver lining of the room around me made the night look beautiful and peaceful. For some reason, I felt relaxed. For once, I didn't have anything in my mind. It was just me and the peaceful room.

I could hear the sound of nocturnal creatures around me. Probably because of the area I was in. I shifted towards my left so that I was lying on my sides. My hand was still tucked under my head while my eyes darted out towards the window from where the moon surely made quite an entrance into the room with its bright light. Lying there all in silence, I thought back to all the things that happened today. My mind ventured to the a series of things that all of us confessed today.

It's so silly how all of us were trying to kill each other the other night and today, the one trying to kill us was the one trying to save us at all costs. Slowly, a smile made its way onto my face.

Finally, after a long time, I was breathing peacefully

Finally, after a long time, I was breathing peacefully. For one time in my life, I wasn't worried about what was going to happen next. I knew Marco was still a time bomb ticking at full speed but somehow, it didn't seem to disturb me. I knew things could be handled and I was already on it.

But I couldn't deny the fact that now, Davina was with me. The smile that made its way onto my face was because of that girl. She, for some reason, had initiated a fire in me that was long ago extinguished by the harsh reality of life. But with her emergence, I could feel all those things again.

And I guess, it would be safe to say that perhaps I was in love with her

Yes!

I had fallen in love with her.

As if on cue, I heard the sound of something clattering. I instantly jerked up from the bed. I looked around me and surely, someone was outside in the house. I quickly got up from the bed and grabbed the gun kept under my pillow. I rushed towards the door and pulled it open. I could hear some noises and surely I followed them.

I reached the stairs only to see Davina sitting at the end of the flight of stairs. Her back was towards me while she held a broom in her hand and was cleaning something off the floor.

"Hey?", I called out. "What are you doing?"

She looked startled for a minute as she turned around to look at me. "Oh hi, did I wake you up?", she asked with a sheepish smile on her face.

I started descending the stairs with a frown. "No, but you did startle me. What are you doing in the middle of the night anyways?"

She bit her lower lip, just like she would when she felt embarrassed. She showed me the broom and the broken pieces of a ceramic cup scattered on the floor. She looked at the mess and then back at me with a shrug.