Chap 10

It's Better to Go with the Flow Rather than to Resist it!

.

.

.

It took me some time to reach my building. With Davina still in my arms, I had to walk slowly so as to not trip over. My head was still hurting from all the fiasco, which made me stop every now and then. I looked at the girl in my arms, observing her carefully. Since, she was weak and unconscious, I had to swipe her off her feet and carry her bridal style in my arms.

 Since, she was weak and unconscious, I had to swipe her off her feet and carry her bridal style in my arms

Now as stupid as it sounds, I was ready to let myself get hurt but not her. I felt bad for her, for what she was going through. But at the same time, I was supposed to keep my mind on track because honestly, rivalry with Draco is not something I would opt for!

Finally, when I reached my complex, I stopped to take a breather before taking the stairs to my apartment. She kept mumbling something on the way but soon passed out every now and then. I couldn't decipher what exactly she was mumbling from her unclear voice and let it be.

I reached the door and pushed it open as I hadn't locked it when I left to search for her. I shut the door behind me and turned the lights on. Then I walked into the room and placed her carefully on the bed. She mumbled something again but this time, it looked like she was agitated about whatever she was thinking. I wanted to wake her up so that she could break out of whatever dream she was in but decided otherwise.

She needed the sleep and it was only best for me to call it a day!

.

.

After tucking her in and quietly shutting the door behind me, I went over to the couch in the living room and sprawled on it

After tucking her in and quietly shutting the door behind me, I went over to the couch in the living room and sprawled on it. Even though it was small for me, I decided to manage there until I got my room back. I placed my head on the arm rest and rested my arm on top of my forehead.

Nonetheless, there was still a little pain from all the atrocities that she had done to me. In spite of that, I could not stop myself from thinking about a lot of things that she had said. They were making me question my motives.