Chap 7

Straightforwardness with Straight forwards, Crookedness with crooked...

.

.

.

The next day when I went to the college, I barged right into Spector's office. He was sitting on the chair, working on some files when I startled him. Least to say, he must have shit his pants from the way he shook with fear. I shut the door behind me and walked over to him. Seeing me approach him like a wild animal, he stood up immediately and backed up against the wall behind him.

"Wh-what do you want now?", he shivered.

I banged my hand on his table, earning another shiver from him. "Spill all the beans about the Decker!", I ordered.

"What?", he looked a little quizzed at my command. "What do you mean by 'Decker'?"

I looked at his face and the ambiguity was clear on it. Fuck! He didn't know, did he?

Or was he just trying to mask the real thing?

And by asking him about all these things, I was making my intentions towards my so-called job in the college way too clear!

I grunted upon hitting another dead end. I grinded my teeth and squeezed my eyes shut in disappointment.

 I grinded my teeth and squeezed my eyes shut in disappointment

"Damn it!", I cursed.

I shook my head to calm myself down. Finally, I decided to tell Spector the only thing I had in my mind. I straightened myself and looked back at him. To my expectations, he was still standing in the same spot, breathing heavily as I approached him.

"Please, please don't hit me! I don't know anything about any Decker-"

"Stop!", I put my hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "I'm not going to do anything to you", I breathed out. "Here", I showed him my phone and deleted the video right in front of his eyes. "You're a free man now", I said.

But looks like he didn't believe me.

"Does that mean you won't torture me anymore?", he said abruptly. I squinted my eyes at his stupid question. Upon realizing his mistake, he instantly slammed his hand on his mouth, showing how much he regrets saying what he just said. "I-I didnt mean to talk back...", he uttered in the most fearful voice.

I understood what he was asking. I knew I was wrong in doing whatever I had done to this man but he was wrong, too. He needed to be taught a lesson, even if that meant getting my own work delayed.

Cheating is unacceptable, in all forms.

"Let's just say, at least you're scared of your wife. Now, you have the opportunity to love her, and by love, I mean love her only!", I widened my eyes at him to state the authority. "Cheating is wrong, no matter where it is done. So you better give her the life she deserves!", I warned him.