Chap 12

Man is not what He thinks he Abides,... He is what he Hides...

.

.

.

Davina's hands stopped abruptly. The bandage that she was wrapping around my head fell from her hands. It was like I had struck a strong cord,... Rather a painful one.

Until now, I wasn't looking at her but when the bandage role fell from her hands, she definitely got all my attention... I looked up at her and found her looking into the black. She was definitely thinking about something which.. kind of terrified her.

Somehow, the thought of her being scared of anyone gave me foreign vibes. The kind of girl that I have known so far was definitely not the one to be scared, but the one standing in front of me, was really.. really scared.

"Davina?....", I prompted.

No reply.

"Hey?", I held her arms and shook her. "You okay?"

She looked at me, frantically

She looked at me, frantically. I narrowed my eyes at her while rising to my feet. I stood right in front of her, trying to figure out what exactly happened to her. I searched her eyes for answers. However, all I could see was fear, doubt and perhaps..... Terror.

"Who was it, Davina?", I reiterated. Slowly, she shifted her gaze towards me and then everywhere but at me. She was clearly trying to avoid the topic or probably figuring out a way to tell me about it. "I know you didn't just get them from some fall or something. These aren't the type you just get from an accident", I said lowly, examining her wounds. She noticed my curiosity and became a little shady. Just then, she started retreating as if she didn't like me looking at her. "I know someone did this to you.. so you can't lie. But what confuses me that... how can someone do this to a powerful Mafia's daughter?"

The moment those words left my mouth, she staggered backward. I shot my hands out to grab her immediately. But she stopped me. She stood there for a while, her eyes looking everywhere but at me. After looking everywhere around the room, her eyes stopped at the first aid kit. She picked up the box and latched it with her shaky hands.

She then turned around to leave without answering me. But I didn't allow her to so I called out to stop her.

"Davina wait-"

"I'm sleepy. Feeling a little heavy headed!", she said sounding a little unsure. The moment I took a step towards her, she wasted no time in turning around and rushing back into the room.

 The moment I took a step towards her, she wasted no time in turning around and rushing back into the room