Chap 9

Some words are better unsaid... Because they do nothing but.. RUIN YOU...

.

.

.

Even after having all the answers right on the tip of my tongue, I was forced to keep my mouth shut. I knew exactly what she meant by that question. Even though she wasn't aware of the fact that why she was here, there was one thing that she knew.

It was because of her father, Marco Decker.

I sighed and lowered my head. Draco had specially told me not to tell her anything about our arrangement. Maybe there was something else in his mind... but that was the least of my concerns. She was just another one of those victims who aren't related to me at all.

So I got no right to be concerned about her.

She can think whatever she wants.

I'm not here to clarify her doubts.

I just have to keep my end of the bargain and soon, I'll be out of this!

"What are you trying to hide?", she spoke gently, breaking me out of my trail of thoughts.

I looked back at her as she sat there in front of me with nothing but expectations in her eyes. With the bowl still in my hand, I got up and straightened myself. I'd lost my appetite after the kind of things that my brain was reminding me of.

With nothing else to say, I settled for a suggestion for her. "There are noodles in the kitchen if you feel hungry."

Not waiting for her reply, I put the bowl down and turned around to leave the house.

.

.

I know leaving her alone was not a good decision. Not because she would run away; I had all the doors locked, but because of the kind of expectations she had from me. Even though her lips couldn't say much, her eyes did the talking. She was in a tough spot, a spot where I put her.

And it was not okay to leave her alone! I accept that but there's nothing I could do about it.

I wanted to get out of that environment to get some fresh air and to think straight. So it was only good that I left her alone. After all, she is still weak, physically and mentally.

And some time alone would also benefit her.

After about an hour or something, I decided to head back home. I was climbing the stairs to my apartment assuming that she must have slept till now. Today was definitely quite daunting for her. She needed all the rest she could get.

'But what if she's awake and waiting for you to come back and answer her unspoken questions?', my brain quietly whispered into my ears.

When I reached my apartment, I stopped right outside the gate and debated on what to expect next. Shaking my head to get all the things out of my mind, I heaved a sigh and turned the key in to open the door. I pushed the door open and to my astonishment, the house was absolutely dark. All the lights were turned off.