Chap 5

Sometimes we end up doing things that were not meant to happen in the first place..

.

.

.

Nicholas's POV

The next day, I was already running before time. So, I made a quick stop at the same shop to which I went the other day and met the same cashier. She recognized me instantly and asked me if I'd like to repeat yesterday's order.

To be honest, I was quite impressed by her memory. I mean she must have a lot of customers and so many orders to take care of, but she still remembered mine, which was surprising.

My curiosity got the best of me and I shot my question at her, "May I ask you how do you remember me so well, and not to forget, my exact order?"

She gave me one of her warmest smiles, "Good people are hard to forget."

Her one sentence was enough to wipe off the smile from my face. Curiosity was instantly replaced by guilt in my heart.

"Good person, and me?", I huffed. "Never really heard of that combination!", I shook my head, tapping the wallet in my hand. Only I knew how 'good' of a person I exactly was and the reason behind my wallet always being loaded with money. I knew she got me wrong. She misunderstood me.

"Oh, don't be so hard on yourself!", she waved me off. "Life's not a cakewalk, gentleman!", she said patting my shoulder.

Life was not a cakewalk; True!

I know how much of a cakewalk it was for me

I know how much of a cakewalk it was for me. How much I had to do every day to survive, and for another person to survive, because of me.

I sealed my lips in a thin line, then looked back at her. She was still smiling at me. And mind me, it was not a normal smile, it was in fact encouraging?

"Never mind", I said and told her to repeat my order from yesterday. As soon as my order was ready, I wasted no time by standing there to think about what she said and left.

.

.

Soon, I was standing right outside Davina's college. This was the second stage of my plan. The earlier I finish this, the better, because Draco has been on my ass! He called me yesterday, inquiring about the progress while I assured him that half of the task is already done.

Now all I'm left to do is capture this girl as soon as I get an opportunity and hand it over to him, so that I can finally do what I wanted to from the very beginning of my entering into this business. This deal indeed will fetch me enough to survive for the next few months.

Once that's done, I'll be good to go. With that thought in my mind, I entered the institute but was instantly stopped by one of the guards. I raised my brows at him at the sudden cessation. He eyed me from head-to-toe.