Chap 23

Big news on the way!

.

.

.

Draco didn't say anything for a moment. However, there was something suspicious about the way he looked at Davina. Because I know the way he looked at her earlier.

Those eyes were different. Previously he used to eye her like prey but now, his eyes softened every time he looked at her.

Enough was enough. I couldn't stop myself from asking him the very obvious. "Draco, what's wrong?"

Astoundingly, he didn't even spare me as much as a glance; his eyes fixated on a sniffling Davina in my arms. I looked at him and then at Davina, trying to figure out what was wrong with them. What intrigued me more was that even his goons were unaware of what was happening around them. For the first time, everyone in the room except Davina and Draco mirrored the same expression.

"Draco-", I snapped, making the paper fall from his hands. But God, he didn't move. He kept staring at Davina as if nothing mattered to him more than the girl in my arms.

Not wanting to die in suspense anymore, I got up and walked over to the paper that fell from his hands. I picked it up and turned it over. I went through the contents of it only to look back at Davina. My lips parted in surprise as I told myself that this could not be a coincidence. I looked at the picture of the woman in my hand and then back at Davina.

The lady in the picture was none other than Sasha Wenner, the one who took me in when I was a homeless kid

The lady in the picture was none other than Sasha Wenner, the one who took me in when I was a homeless kid. She was the one who helped me become who I am today when she took me home with her. Standing next to her was Marco and a little girl in between them.

The similarity between that girl and Davina was uncanny.

It was her!

She was in the picture!

Out of all the people in the world, Sasha Wenner was her mother???!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes! I couldn't believe what was happening. She is the daughter of the woman who saved me!

How ironic it is that I saved the daughter of the woman who saved me years ago!

"What happened, Nicholas?", she asked me worriedly. "What is it?"

For a moment, I didn't shift my gaze from the picture. The lady looked calm with a baby in her hands. But then again, the baby in the picture is right in front of me now.

My eyes welled up with happy tears. The woman in the picture was my savior. But what killed me at the same time was the man she was standing with. And knowing his history, he was a monster to his wife.

"It's-It's Sasha. The one who saved me years ago. The one who took a homeless child in and gave him the life he's living today. Davina, she's the one who saved me!", I said flipping the picture so that she could see it. Her eyes widened at the picture and then at me.