Chap 25

The next few chapters will contain a lot of twists and turns! So hang on tight because the cards are about to be REVEALED!!!!!

.

.

Right when things were beginning to settle between us, the villain had to make an entry. Slowly and steadily, we were getting to know each other. We were trying to see how unrelated, yet related we all were. Because no matter what we do, or where we come from, we have one person in common.

Sasha Wenner.

But that one person's life was ruined because of someone who was standing right in front of us.

On seeing Marco march towards us with his goons, I straightened myself and stood like a shield in front of Davina. She sensed my action even before I could do it and held my hand tightly. I had taken it upon myself to protect her at all costs, even if it required me to become a wall between her and her so called dad, Marco.

 I had taken it upon myself to protect her at all costs, even if it required me to become a wall between her and her so called dad, Marco

To my surprise, Draco stepped closer to us, covering her from her 'devil for a dad' just like I did. I looked at him through the corner of my eye and my lips twitched upwards on seeing him being protective of her.

That moment, the amount of courage and strength I possessed increased 10 times on seeing that finally, we have someone to back us up. It's not like I couldn't have handled those people on my own, but you know, at times it feels good to know that even if you fail, you'll have someone to back you up..

"I can't believe it!", Marco barked a humorless laugh as he walked up to us. With his hands stuffed in pockets, he looked down and shook his head not able to believe whatever he was witnessing. "Incredible!!!! That's the fastest I've seen someone double-cross someone!", he spat in Draco's direction. "You are trying to protect my daughter, whom you were willing to kill any moment on my command?", he laughed. "No matter how hard you try, no matter how much you want to protect her, I'll still kill her in the blink of an eye!"

"Do it!", Draco stepped forward daringly. "I dare you! Do it!", he hissed.

"Don't challenge me, you son of a bitch! I can snap your head, along with hers within mere seconds. It's just a matter of time before you guys will be lying dead over here!", he snarled.

On seeing them about to unleash their anger on each other, I gently pushed Davina aside. She held onto my arm to stop me, making me turn my head around in her direction. I raised my brows at her to which I earned a glare from her.

"What?", I hissed.

"I know what you're trying to do

"I know what you're trying to do. But no! I'm not going anywhere. I won't leave you alone!", she said with affirmation.

I rolled my eyes at her because now, she was just being senseless. "Don't be ridiculous, Davina! You know he wants you. And he'd do anything to get that done", I said leaning towards her. "But I will not even let him come near you. So, it's only best that you leave before he shifts his attention back to you!", I said pushing her aside again.

"Nicholas, don't!", this time she held my arm tightly, almost digging her nails in the process. "Don't force me to leave you, now I've just got you back. I don't want to leave without you.. please!", she pleaded.

My heart softened at her pleads but it was not the time to act emotional. We have to make sure that she leaves this place in one piece. I looked between Marco and Draco while they were still having a spat and then back at her.

On seeing her determined eyes, I sighed.

"Then the least you can do is hide", I said looking around the place to find a spot for her. Just then, my eyes settled on the box near the anchor. I remember that this was the place where Draco used to hide all the bodies when he wanted to conceal his crimes from someone.

Perhaps not the best place; However, not the worst, too!

Davina can definitely fit in there.

"There", I said secretly pointing my finger towards that box which concealed with the deck. "You see that anchor there. There is hook next to it. When you pull it, it opens into a box. Get in there and stay put, until I come to get you!", I warned her.

"But-"

"Sshhhh! Please-Please do it for me!", I held her hands in mine to stop her protests.

She looked at her interlinked hands and then back at me. The way she looked at me told me that she doesn't want to let go of me but then again I left her with no choice. Though she was quiet, her eyes did the talking. She was trusting me.. She had faith in me that I'll come back to her no matter what.

I understood her concern and blinked my eyes in response. I loosened my grip only to see that she was still not ready to go. At that moment, there was nothing I could do to convince her except place her hands over my heart so that she could feel her how fast it was beating.. how much I was scared for her and how I didn't want to let her go, too..

 how much I was scared for her and how I didn't want to let her go, too

But then, did I have an option?

She looked at our hands on my chest and then back at me. I saw her eyes turn wet and suddenly a tear slipped down her cheek when she shut her eyes. She lowered her head and looked back at me and nodded.

She believed me!

She trusted me with her life..

I sealed my lips in a thin line and slightly tilted my head. I brought my fingers up to her face and wiped the tears off her face. She flinched at the sudden touch but eventually, closed her eyes and gave into my touch. I brought her hands to my mouth and planted a sincere kiss on them.

And that kiss marked the promise of always protecting her, no matter what!

.

.

Soon, the brawl between Draco and Marco turned into a full-fledged fight. Both of them spat insulting and infuriating words at each other. However, the fight didn't last long because soon enough, the commotion got the attention of some intruders.

Not wanting to cause any bloodshed anytime soon, they de-escalated.

But not before Marco''s warning that he will come back for something he has planned for all of us. It was nothing that we didn't know already. He plotted to assassinate us all at once.

So, if it's a war that he wants, then a war shall he get!