Chap 15

Time for some Reality Check!

.

.

.

With the phone still in my hand, I stood at my spot, dumbfounded. My heartbeats picked up the pace with every word I heard on the phone. I remember waiting for this call for the longest period of time. But now when he finally called me, I wanted nothing more than to forget about it.

It was Draco.

He asked me to get Davina to him today itself.

I stood there, thinking about what to do. Moments ago, I had planned to make her happy, to make her feel wanted. But now, I hate to break to her that she's here for only a few hours.

Moreover, as much as I hate to say it, I can't accept the fact.. that I want nothing more than for her to stay.. with me..

Isn't it the opposite of what you'd been wanting? Didn't you want her to go? You want to stay alone, don't you? And now when that's happening, you don't want her to leave you!

My brain taunted me in every way possible.

I shook my head as the realization hit me. I can't have her.. I can't keep her with me. She's a possession that belongs to someone else. I have to let her go.

With that determination in my mind, I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and went off towards my home

.

.

When I reached my apartment, I was surprised. Even before I could open the door, I could feel something different about the way my house looked. I looked around the entrance to spot the difference. And soon enough, I saw it.

There was a doormat kept outside my door that said, 'WARM WELCOME'

Well, I remember there wasn't any when I left the house in the morning, so from where did this one pop up?

As if she had felt my presence, the door to my apartment instantly flew open, revealing a girl with the most.. beautiful smile I'd ever seen.

"Hii!", Davina chirped as she opened the door.

"What's with the doorma-"

My tongue got tied. I was at loss of words.

My lips parted in astonishment the moment I looked up from the doormat to see her. She was standing at the door, more like leaning on the door frame, in a very.. very seductive way. I eyed her head to toe and noticed something positive about her.

 I eyed her head to toe and noticed something positive about her