Chap 24

Nostalgia is like a box of sweet delicacies. One is never enough to satiate us..

.

.

.

Draco laughed when he told us the reason behind Sasha's denial. In fact, Davina chuckled too. It was a little time for all of us to loosen up. And mind me when I say this, I hadn't seen Draco giggle sincerely as he did that time with us.

"I never knew she liked me too. Maybe she was too good at hiding it!", he exclaimed. "But she..," he sighed. "She always knew I had eyes only for her", his lips curved upwards at the appreciation of her feelings.

"Then, what happened? Did you guys break up?", Davina leaned in to ask.

Draco looked at her and his smile vanished almost immediately. He looked back at the picture and caressed Sasha's face on it. "Sasha and I grew closer with time. We used to bunk college together; I attended most of the classes with her because back in the day, the teachers were easy to fool. They mostly didn't even know the number of students in their classes. So that way, we got to spend a lot of time with each other. In fact, you will be surprised to know that it was your mother who popped up the question to me!", he exclaimed with surprise.

"What question?", Davina asked him, getting a little overwhelmed.

Draco looked between us and then smiled to himself. "Dummy, she asked me to marry her!",

Fuck!!!!!!

Our jaws dropped!

Like literally dropped to the ground

Did she really propose to him??

I mean the kind of lady I grew up with was very shy. It was really hard for me to even think about her even confessing her love to someone so easily. She was a pure soul. Sitting next to Draco today, I still fail to understand how in the world she gave her heart to him.

But then again, back then he wasn't the kind of person he is today.

"But, it was just a dream.. A dream that both of us knew was doomed", he breathed a heavy sigh as he lowered his head. "I wanted to marry her and so did she but The kind of people she stayed with, and the kind of person I was, it was quite difficult for her to introduce me to her father."

"Yeah, I know", I mumbled.

"Huh?", he narrowed his eyes at me. "How do you know?"

"Draco, I just said something before you made the big revelation about her. I'm related to Sasha, too!", I said as a matter of fact.

"I-I don't remember anything like that..", he said scratching the back of his head.

"Yeah, sure. Because you were too busy processing the picture in your hand when it dropped on the ground", I shrugged casually.