sos pt.1

Sakura

"Two nights please" Sakura told the front desk  receptionist of the Setai Miami Beach hotel

"Two nights please" Sakura told the front desk  receptionist of the Setai Miami Beach hotel. She awaited the lady to ask her the necessary questions and provide her a price for the nights she would be staying. Sakura decided to start fresh in Miami, Florida. She had never been but she always wanted to go when she came to the states.

She was extremely fluent in Japanese but her mother was an American woman who taught her English while her father taught her Japanese so she didn't have a problem with communicating. It was like she was a chameleon, blending right in with the Americans.

"Is this your first time staying at the Setai?" The woman asked as she typed away on the computer before her. Sakura nodded her briefly before answering.

"Yes." She said simply as she leaned forward. Pulling at her hoodie's strings, she tightened the hoodie around her head as her prada sunglasses hid her eyes.

"Okay, for just two nights that will be $1200." The lady spoke finally looking up at her. Sakura raised her eyebrow in disbelief. She had the money, she just couldn't believe it would be that expensive.

"Uh may I ask why?" She asked curiously.

"Well this is a five star Miami hotel.. on the beach might I add. If you don't have it the-" Sakura quickly cut her off as she became agitated hearing her attitude laced tone and assuming that Sakura was broke. If Sakura wasn't going through so many emotions and drained from her 17 hour flight, she would have punched her right in the nose.

"I have it.." she mumbled as she turned her duffle bag around on her body. Unzipping it slightly, she pulled out one of the envelopes that held American money in it. She made sure to convert her yen to dollars just before she got to the states. Counting the several hundred dollar bills, she laid it flat on the counter. The woman smiled in satisfaction seeing that Sakura indeed had the funds to stay at the extravagant hotel.

Sakura was unaware that the hotel she picked from google was so expensive but she was going to have to do what she had to do for she was in no mood to find an affordable one and waste her money getting around the city she did not know anything of.

After the woman checked all of her hundred dollar bills, she finally gave Sakura her room key. "Welcome to Miami. Enjoy your stay." The woman said politely in which Sakura ignored. She memorized her room and the floor as she made her way to the elevators. On her way there, she took in the interior of the hotel seeing that she indeed was staying somewhere luxurious. She couldn't complain but she will make sure not to make the mistake again.

Sakura had to save her money to find an apartment and a car. She couldn't waste it by staying at luxury hotels. She had plenty of time to do that some other time if this was going to be her new home. She had to think logically. For the time being, she would enjoy her stay as recommended.