107| If You Can't Be With The One You Love...

Start from the beginning

The door opened to reveal Topanga. She couldn't believe her eyes when she saw Cory and she was only further shocked when she spoke to him and he seemed to carefree and chill. He didn't even care when he bumped into her, barely even glanced at her, throwing a careless greeting before turning back to the dancefloor.

"He's been like this since he got here." Zoey said, noticing the confusion in Topanga's eyes.

"I gotta say he's the life of the party." Angela added with a chuckle.

"So... are you and Cory officially broken up? Because I think he's really cute." Kimberly admitted.

"Cory's free to do whatever he wants. So are you." Topanga responded with a tight smile. "Zo, I'll see you later."

With that, Topanga turned around and made her way towards the front door even though she had just arrived at the party a few minutes ago.

"Sounds like a yes to me." Kimberly said with a grin.

Zoey reached out and grabbed a hold of her arm, stopping her. "You make one move on my best friend's man, and that new nose is gonna look like your old nose, okay?"

In the end, the party was exceeding boring. All Zoey wanted to was leave. She didn't see Shawn or Cory which made her slightly worried because leaving the two alone she knew they would end up doing something stupid.

But just for once, she decided to trust them.

With that, Zoey made up her decision and left the party.

••••

Topanga decided to have a sleepover with Zoey at the apartment.

Zoey jumped down from the counter and begin rummaging through the cabinets and fridge to see what she could find. No one was in the house to cook so that meant it was up to her to fend herself and well... she wasn't the best cook. If it doesn't come frozen it doesn't get made.

Zoey's eyes light up when she spot the supreme pizza on the second shelf of the freezer. Its meaty goodness was calling out to her and she couldn't resist. Who doesn't love pizza?

Within a matter of minutes the pizza is out of the box and inside the oven cooking. Well the best it can in a not preheated oven. Zoey hope she can last the thirty minutes it takes to bake this thing.

Zoey pulled two bottles of water from the fridge and hand one to Topanga before taking her place back on the counter.

"Did something seem off about Cory to you?" Topanga wondered.

"He's been off ever since you broke up." Zoey replied truthfully. "Do you mean more off than usual?"

"Yeah. He seemed... I don't know. Not himself." Topanga muttered with a frown.

Zoey raised an eyebrow. "Because he was happy?"

Topanga gave her a sharp look. "I wouldn't ask this if Cory was happy, Zo. I don't want him to feel bad. But I know when his happy and... and this wasn't it, okay?"

The smell of pizza quickly begins to fill Zoey's nostrils and she took in its heavenly smell. Nothing is better after a party than pizza and a movie. Although instead of the normal feel good romance she goes for she's feeling kind of dangerous to night so she thought she'd pick something with a lot of action. Hmm... maybe something with Tom Cruise.

Then all of a sudden the phone began to ring.

"Hello?" Zoey answered, placing the phone up to her ear. "WHAT?!"

••••

Without hesitation, Zoey rushed over to the Matthews' place. It had turned out that Cory and Shawn were arrested and were being held down at the police station for underage drinking.