AnR 17

Agatha

"Bravo, Agatha. Bravo." Bungad ni Gio pagkapasok sa dressing room.

Nakaupo ako sa harap ng dresser ko, I was too tired to talk so I just looked at him through the mirror. I watched Gio as he walked closer behind me. He held both my shoulders and glanced at me in the mirror.

"Speak, Agatha. I know when something is bothering you."

"I'm fine, Gio. Nothing is bothering me."

He started to massage my shoulder, "Girl wag ako, kilalang kilala na kita." Pinalo ako nito ng mahina sa kanang braso, "Halata sa performance mo kanina na may iniisip ka."

"I'm not in the mood and I'm also tired, so please." Saad ko habang hinihilot ang noo ko.

"That's more reason to talk about it. Dali magkwento ka, makikinig ako."

"Wala dapat pag-usapan."

He stopped massaging my shoulder and sat down on the stool next to me. "I've seen this before." I remained silent. "You're not dancing like you usually do,"

"I do, and once I'm on stage, I always give it my best."

"You're dancing for someone." Napatingin ako sa kaniya, "Again."

Napaiwas ako ng tingin, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You don't, but I do." Hinawakan niya ko sa kamay kaya napatingin ulit ako sa kaniya, "Tell me about it, you know na hindi kita titigilan hangga't 'di ka nagke-kwento." He said playfully.

Napabuntong hininga ako, wala talaga akong takas sa baklang 'to. "It's about Riverain"

"Oh my God! I knew it, you like her."

"No! I don't like her, I mean I do, but not that-" Napahagod ako sa buhok ko, "This is so frustrating."

"So tell me about her."

"She's avoiding me these past few days."

"And you hate it." Tumango ako. "Maybe you've done something wrong."

Inikot ko ang upuan ko paharap sa kaniya, "We were fine the last time we spoke. We were not the following day."

"You didn't say anything harsh? Grabe pa naman 'yang bunganga mo kung minsan."

Inirapan ko siya, "I didn't"

"Aminin mo nga sa'kin, you like her?"

"I- I don't know." Mahina kong sabi. "I enjoy having her around. I enjoy the looks she gives me whenever I dance on stage. I'd like her to pay more attention to me."

"Is it not because you are an exhibitionist? Those are the things you are craving."

I shook my head, "I don't know? Maybe?"

"Do you remember the day you were diagnosed with that behavior?"

Of course, I do. I was 18 years old at that time. That's when my desires intensified, to the point where I wanted to be naked in the middle of a crowd of strangers. I started walking around the house naked, oblivious to the presence of our bodyguards and maids. And I dress more provocatively even when we go to church. My parents began to be concerned.

They initially assume it is merely a phase. It's implied that I'm just acting rebelliously or that my friends are somehow encouraging me to do all these things. But no, I can feel it, and the more I resist, the worse it gets. So I tried to tell my parents about it, and they took me to the doctor after hearing what I had to say. They appear to be treating me as if I'm insane. They even looked at me with disgust, as if I were a disappointment.