Chapter 1 Part 1- Roped Up in a Killing Game

Start from the beginning

"You better keep track of him." He said. I slightly nodded, kind of confused. Kawata separated everyone else into groups, with each of them wandering away to go explore.

"Heh heh heh... are you guys ready?" Sugai maniacally said, as if he was plotting something.

"U- um... I think so." Furuya said. "What about you H- Hirano?" She asked. I nodded, and she smiled.

"YES!!! LET'S GO!!!" The chaotic ball of energy yelled, before running out of the room. We looked to each other, before speedily running out after him. "Alright, where to first?" He asked.

"Well, I guess we could explore the kitchen, s- since it's the closest." I said. He nodded, racing inside. The doors swung back and forth, taking a couple of long seconds for it to finally stop. I wandered in after him, making sure the door wouldn't hit Furuya in the face.

"Man, this place is kind of boring." He said. Suddenly, a light bulb went off in his head. He got up onto the counters, and pulled open the cabinet. "Bingo!"

"What did you f- find?" Furuya asked. He chuckled maniacally.

"Flour~" he said, pointing to the contents of the cabinet. Which, of course, housed a couple thousand pounds of flour.

"That could crush s- someone to death..." I whispered, fearfully fidgeting.

"Huh? What'd you say?" Furuya replied. I froze up.

"Nothing!" I yelled. Sugai laughed to himself, before closing the cabinet.

"There are some k- kitchen knives over here. We should probably g- get rid of them..." Furuya said.

"Hey! You can't do that!" Ressa yelled, popping up out of nowhere. I screamed, falling down onto the ground. "Woah! That was loud..." he said, covering his ears.

"W- why isn't it allowed?" Furuya asked.

"Huh? Repeat that, I was covering my ears." He responded.

"W- why the fuck isn't it allowed?" She asked calmly. With that kind of language, you'd expect her to be loud and angry. But it was more of a timid tone. "Shit! I'm sorry for that!"

"It's whatever. Teenagers are so strange these days..." Ressa said. "Anyway, it's not allowed because you can't have a killing game without any weapons! Weapons are the life blood of this trip!"

"But it doesn't say that in the rules." Sugai said, jumping down from the counter. Ressa stood there, frozen, and not even saying a word.

"Sugar honey iced tea, now I've gotta make a new rule for that! And it's only been a day!" He complained. "Whatever. I'll make Araigu do an announcement for that later. But the rules have changed, got it? No destroying the weapons!"

"What if you're the murderer, and you're trying to destroy your weapon? Does that count?" Sugai asked, glaring at Ressa. He stared for a moment.

"I guess... the blackened can dispose of their own weapons after the murder... UGH!!! Stop looking for loop holes!" He yelled, before disappearing.

"W- why did you do that!? N- now the murders can dispose of the w- weapons!" I yelled. Sugai chuckled to himself.

"Yeah, but where would they be able to destroy their own weapons? And plus, it's funny to mess with the red panda." He said, chuckling to himself. "Anyway, I guess the murder weapons are off limits to touch. Well, unless you really want to murder someone. But that would NEVER happen, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?" He asked.

No, that wasn't right. The reality of this situation is the fact that anyone can kill someone else. No matter what happens, even if someone says that they'd never do it, there's always going to be someone tempted into a kill. That's the whole reason this killing game exists. Because we will kill, even if people say that they won't. We're meant to distrust each other.