[0.2] Under Lust

「Lust Y/n POV」

A crowd gathered around as you presented various items for sale. They appeared to be common household items. But they weren't.

"Behold, the Face-Rose." You proudly said as you removed the white cloth to reveal the talking flower in the pot. "The rose that looks like a face."

Poorly taped to his pot was a small sign that read, Ask me anything.

"I'm a rose with a face." Rosie grumbled, giving you a soft glare.

"Does it look like a rose?"

"No, it looks like a face." You said with a straight face as you answered stupid questions from the audience.

"Is it a face?"

"It's a rose that looks like a face!" You raised your voice slightly in irritation.

Cross watched with interest as you proceeded to defraud the public.

"This Y/n is exactly the kind of partner we need." Chara advised him. "We have to get them on our side before they start teaming with Ink."

You hastily counted the bills in your hand, not looking where you were going and bumping into bones.

"Sansy, I told you-" You stopped and looked him up and down, taking in his unique appearance as a smirk started to form. "So you're Nightmare's new rookie? That's really interesting..."

"How did you know I was working for Nightmare?" Cross distrustingly questioned, staring into your eyes.

Unlike other versions of you he had encountered in his travels, this one had to look the most like you from his universe with pretty purple eyes.

You were dressed in a black sweater like any other version of yourself but with a purple stripe across the middle, a shorter skirt, and higher heels.

"I know lots of things." You told him as your eyes started to faintly glow purple. "Lots of things."

"What things?" Cross coldly asked, grabbing you by the wrist.

"Classic Y/n didn't know you were coming." You said in a low voice, and his grip loosened. "You were smart to make your move fast before someone decided to warn them, but by that look on your face it was pure luck."

"Ask them to be our partner already!" Chara demanded, getting impatient.

"I want you to work with me." Cross said, closing his sockets and letting go of you. "You could be useful."

"How much money you got?" You asked, looking left and right as if to make sure no one was watching.

"About 40G." He said as he dug around his pockets, and the gold coins jingled as you snatched the currency out of his hand.

"Where'd you get that locket?" You then asked, and before he knew it, the gold heart locket was dangling from your fingertips.

"Give it back." He demanded in a growl. "It's important to me."

"I could sell this for 300G." You inspected the quality engravement on the item. "You got 300G?"

"Would you please just... give it back to me." He sighed in frustration, not wanting to hurt you. "The you from my universe asked me to take care of Chara before they died with everyone else and I'm not one to break promises."

"Fine..." You rolled your eyes and dropped it in his palm. "But you still owe me."

"Okay, okay, you win." He rubbed his skull in distress and quietly cursed. "God..."