Bonetrousle

You stood across from the tall skeleton, a deactivated puzzle consisting of tiles separating the two of you as he gave an elaborate explanation of what each colour did.

"THIS PUZZLE IS ENTIRELY RANDOM! SO WHEN I PULL THIS SWITCH, NOT EVEN I WILL KNOW THE SOLUTION. NYEH HEH HEH!"

Papyrus excitedly explained with stars in his eyes before reaching for a lever on a box shaped control panel that looked very similar to something or someone you once watched on the monster television channels.

"WOWIE! IT ACTUALLY WORKED THIS TIME. THIS PUZZLE HAD TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE LAST HUMAN."

You skillfully stepped along the safer tiles, starting with a purple one that slid you to two pink ones in a row before hopping over a red and green one onto another pink tile.

"OH MY GOD! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME A HUMAN HAS MADE IT PAST THIS PUZZLE FAIR AND 'SQUARE.' NYEH HEH!" Papyrus gasps and gently picks you up in his arms with love and adoration in his eyes.

The tall skeleton swings you around, his soul practically heating up the frosty air. After a minute or two, he sets you down and clears his throat.

"I MUST GO AND PREPARE MY 'COOLSHED' SO YOU HAVE A PLACE TO STAY UNTIL I AM READY TO BRING YOU TO THE CAPITAL."

With that he cartwheels away, and you come across a sign and read it aloud for you and your flower companion. "Absolutely no moving."

"He can only see moving things." Flowey tells you as he points to another sentry station just up ahead with a dog head ornament hanging from the centre of the roof and a silver service bell on the counter.

At the wooden stand is a dog bigger than you smoking dog treats, causing you to cough at the rich, masculine aroma and you cover your mouth with wide eyes as his ears perked up and his head shot towards you.

"Something moved..." The dog leaped out of his station to your side and you froze as his nose poked around you, taking in your scent with a snarl. "I'll make sure it never moves again!"

His jaws gnash at you as you teleport out of the way and take off running, triggering his chase instinct as he trails your scent while you couldn't teleport very far being unfamiliar with the woods leading to Snowdin.

You reach a dead end where a huge grey wolf monster is hurling chunks of ice into the freezing lake and you slip with a small splash that follows, staying still and hearing the heavy clangs of armour fade into the distance.

Y o u   i d i o t .

Flowey growled, pressing a vine to your forehead to check your temperature. "If you're anything like Chara, we need to get you somewhere safe fast."

The flower's shouting fades into white noise as your vision blurs before everything disappears and you can just barely make out what he is saying as it all goes black.

"Work with me here!"

"..."

"You dare die on me?"

"..."

"I'm going to get help."

You feel the world slip out from under you only to reconnect seconds later and realise you've taken the blanket with you on your trip to the floor.

You look around the living room to see a television in front of you that was on to a cooking channel of a box shaped robot baking a cake, and to the right of it was a single sock with a string of sticky notes attached to it.

On the table next to you was a joke book with a quantum physics book inside, and a joke book within it that also had a quantum physics book.

Across the room you could see a rock with sprinkles on it sitting on the dining table with a large pile of mail, as well as a kitchen with a very tall sink that surpassed the refrigerator.

"Hey, careful now."

Bony hands help you up and you find yourself in the arms of none other than Sans, and you start to softly cry. "Sans?"

"You okay, kiddo? You're holding me kinda tight there." His eye lights soften as he uses his soft, puffy sleeve to wipe your tears. "You can talk to me..."

"I was so scared..." You say in a muffled voice as you bury your face in his hoodie, comforted by the familiar smell of ketchup and chisps. "When I heard he was going to take me to the capital... What's going to happen to me, Sans?"

"Listen to me, Y/n." Sans softly says as he holds you dear to him. "I'm still the same old bag of bones you met on the surface. I'm not gonna hurt you, and Paps wouldn't hurt a fly let alone a human. You're gonna be okay."

You briefly pull away to meet the gentle glow of his eye lights as he chuckles, and you notice a painting of a bone on the upper floor.

"Heh, make yourself at home." Sans closes one eye, the other watching you intently to make sure you were okay. "A little flower told Paps you were sick and he came running to bring you home. The coolshed was too cool, so he let you stay in the house to keep warm. Isn't he the coolest?"

_______________________________________

Y/n is like Chara. They get sick easily and if they get sick, it's more serious and they could die. It's an illness that got genetically passed down in their family. Now that they have reached Snowdin Town, they can teleport anywhere from the Ruins to Waterfall because they have been to those places before. Hotlands is unfamiliar, so they must travel by foot beyond Waterfall when needed.