Bed Time

Empty packages of instant noodles littered the tiled floor along with cardboard boxes and scattered discs of animations in another language.

"Oh my, Alphys, have you been eating noodles all day again?" Mettaton tisked as he rolled in through the lab's automatic doors and raised a gloved finger dismissively. "You didn't think I forgot about you just because I'm a star, did you?"

"T-Thank you, Mettaton." Alphys accepted the small steak and looked down at the robot's face on the plate.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a dramatic gasp, and Mettaton came rolling from another room to violently shake her. "Darling, have you seen the security footage lately?"

"N-No, I was just about to check it." Alphys nervously laughed. "I-I've been really busy this week since the core stopped working."

"This is an emergency, the whole Underground must be alerted this once!" Mettaton insisted on ushering the royal scientist into the room with the large security monitor. "Check yesterday's footage. Quickly, dear!"

"O-okay, okay..." Alphys shakily sighed as she searched it up in the database and rewinded the tapes.

They watched the figures moving on the screen in silence together.

"M-Mettaton, this is just a s-snail race..." Alphys sweated out of confusion. "T-That's not an emergency."

"Blooky's snail won!" Mettaton huffed as the pixels on his screen formed a sad face. "He cried after losing that race because he thought he wasn't encouraging enough for his snail."

"O-Oh..." Alphys said, her hands fumbling at her sides. "W-Well, I'm glad I could help."

「Y/n POV」

You could hear the heavy footsteps of royal guards from outside as their large shadows phased over you through the closed window.

"Sans..." You clutched his hoodie sleeve when he turned to go upstairs. "Can I sleep with you?"

"Whoa there, tiger." Sans chuckled. "You can't just jump right into sleeping together. It takes time..."

You felt your face get hot from embarrassment as his gaze burned into you and averted your eyes.

"... Alright, that's enough time." He winked and took your hand. "Come on, off to bed."

You felt a strong sense of security from behind him as if nothing could hurt you as he led you upstairs to his room at the end of the hall.

His room was messy with socks scattered in one corner and a self-sustaining trash tornado in the other, but it was a comfortable mess.

The bed was unmade with the blanket balled up in the middle which he straightened out for you with some effort, and considering his lazy nature you felt flattered he was trying to make his bed more suitable for you to sleep on.

It was a worn mattress that loudly creaked, making you cringe slightly as you carefully sat down on the edge of the bed and slowly pulled your legs in to join him under the sheets.

"You want me to... hold you?" Sans tiredly hummed as you shyly snuggled up next to him and used a hand to place his arm over your warm body. "If you insist..."

He shifted slightly, pulling you closer to him with a sigh. "You're so soft... I could hold onto you for hours, and hours..."

"Any human would feel the same..." You felt your soul sink to the pit of your stomach at the thought.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't sleep with any human." Sans quietly laughed. "Well... maybe I would sleep, but I wouldn't have a bed time with just anyone."