Broken World

"I'm back from the store." Chara closed the door behind them as they entered the apartment and held out a small paper bag of Ebottaco. "Your tacos."

"I didn't ask for tacos..." You gave them a look of confusion.

"Who was I on the phone with?" Chara made a quizzical expression before shrugging and putting the bag down. "I installed ten thousand viruses on your laptop, by the way."

You didn't react and heard the soft crinkling of a wrapper as you felt the couch sink beside you.

"What's wrong?" Chara asked with a concerned look on their face, turning to anger. "It's that comedian, isn't it?"

"He doesn't call me anymore." You spoke as you stared at the phone.

"He's probably cheating on you since he only leaves the house to go to the bar." Chara casually suggested with their mouth full as they munched on their chocolate. "Or maybe he got bored of you. There's a reason I call him smiley trashbag, you know."

"Is it me?" You furrowed your eyebrows in frustration. "I mean is there something wrong with me?"

"At least now we don't have to deal with him anymore." Chara smiled, though your mood hadn't improved at all and they gritted their teeth, pulling out their phone.

Chara
I hate you.

Sans
Love ya too.

Chara
Y/n is upset because of you.

Sans
What are you talking about?

Sans looked next to him to see you were arranging the television remotes into a straight line, feeling his pinpricks watching you intently and smiling up at him.

Chara
At least I tell the truth when I don't
like someone. I'm not a liar like you.

Chara
Liars like you make me sick.

Chara
I always knew you were trash.

Sans
I'll talk to them, okay?

"Baby..." Sans softly spoke, watching your expression carefully as he tried to read your face. "Can I check your soul?"

He expected you to put up a fight as usual, but was surprised to see you nodded obediently and proudly held it out hovering idly in your hands.

"What happened to your soul?" Sans clasped his hands over his mouth when he saw the dull, grey soul.

It had hair thin cracks branching out all over it and looked as if breathing would shatter it. He then saw your LV. Your LV was low, very low.

"What's wrong with it?" You asked as you looked at it together.

"Paps!" Sans called as he reached for his hoodie off the coat rack and zipped it up. "Can you watch the human for a minute? I gotta go do something."

He teleported into your apartment and searched around the empty living room before running into you in the kitchen.

"Oh my god..." Sans stopped when he saw you in your usual clothes while the other you was wearing clothes he had let them borrow.

"Don't touch me." You coldly said when he forced your soul out, turning it blue in his hold.

It hovered above his hands, the same as always. "It's really you..."

"You were supposed to call me last night." You turned away.

"I can't believe I didn't notice..." Sans scolded himself before making a motion where he brought his hand to his chest for your soul to phase back into your body and held your hand. "C'mon."

You looked around at the green couch and the remotes lined up, finding it disturbing and rearranging them to look more natural as Sans teleported around the room. "Paps, where are they?"

"THEY'RE IN THE ROOM WITH YOU, BROTHER." Papyrus answered as he descended the stairs, scratching his skull in confusion.

"But did you see them leave the house?" Sans questioned him.

"THEY SAID THEY WANTED TO GO OUT SO I LET THEM... BUT I THINK I HEARD THEM GO INTO YOUR ROOM." Papyrus explained what had happened while he was gone. "BUT THEY'RE BACK NOW SO IT'S OKAY, ISN'T IT?"

"No, it's not okay." Sans sternly said as he rubbed his skull with a stressed hand. "I gotta find them."

On his bedroom floor was the spare hoodie he lent you, but the blue cloth was stained with a black tar substance that had a strong negative aura.

_______________________________________

Sans hasn't travelled much out of his universe yet, but he is aware of the multiverse. UnderSwap Y/n's soul is broken because of recent trauma. It was a determination soul.