Save the World

You can't give up just yet...

Y/n!

Stay determined...

The locket around your neck glowed and your eyes opened as you slowly stood up and faced the queen.

You took a step closer to her, and she raised her spear in defence to keep you at a safe distance as she looked at you, horrified. "But I killed you..."

"Did you really think you could get away?" You spoke as blood trickled down the side of your head. "I won't let you destroy humanity."

Her eye widens in awe before narrowing in resentment and you are quick to dodge her spear by shifting to the side and teleporting back.

"The ruins are practically empty..."

You catch one of the red spears and use it to block incoming attacks, filling the room with a soft pinging noise.

"And Snowdin is going through poverty without any support from the capital."

The spear breaks, and her attacks start to occasionally miss as you are left defenceless.

"The water in Waterfall no longer falls." You tell her as another spear flies over your head. "The core is shutting down, and the Underground is falling apart piece by piece..."

"I've seen it... Monsters are not happy here. Were they ever happy?"

"ENOUGH!"

You stand across from her in the empty throne room as she stops in front of you and raises her spear, and you close your eyes expecting the worst, but feel nothing.

A heavy clang follows, and you open your eyes again to see her spear laying on the ground.

"You're right..." She slowly removes the ill-fitted crown from her head, letting down loose strands of her hair with a sigh. "I'm a terrible queen."

"My child, are you hurt?"

You both turn at the sound of the gentle voice to see the exiled queen at the doorway with her rightful crown back on her head once more.

"I was so worried about you... so I came here." Toriel softly smiles and stands next to you with a warm fuzzy paw on your shoulder, looking back to see the other monsters she had brought along. "Also I see you have made friends."

"HUMAN, BE PREPARED." Papyrus proudly says. "WE ARE SAVING YOU!"

"W-Watching someone on a screen really makes you root for them..." Alphys nervously smiles.

"We never did get to finish that tea party, did we?" Muffet giggles into a hand. "Ahuhuhu!"

"Oh no..." Napstablook shyly spoke. "Mettaton was supposed to be here too..."

"Fashionably late, darling!" Mettaton struts into the room next to his dear cousin with a knowing expression. "It's human culture."

"Let us go, Undyne." Toriel gives the other queen a stern glare. "We have some o-fish-al business to take care of."

Undyne follows Toriel out, head down, leaving you to rejoice with your new friends, and from the corner of your eye you catch the faded outline of Chara smile.

「Frisk POV」

A child in a blue and purple striped sweater raced down the office foyer, causing passing office workers to watch with questioning looks as they squeezed between two businessmen and stopped at the reception desk.

"Welcome to Ebott Pharmaceuticals. How can we help you?" The receptionist bowed her head upon greeting them.

"Can I see Y/n L/n?" Frisk peered over the counter, looking around your workplace in amazement.

"Is it urgent?" She asked, and Frisk nodded their head as she searched you up in the database. "We are sorry to inform you that L/n is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

"When will they be back?" Frisk then asked when they spotted your picture in a missing person's report on the cover of a newspaper a man was reading and felt their stomach drop.

「Y/n POV」

You hop off Tsunderplane, not that she wanted to help you, and land in the fresh snow as you wave goodbye and turn to the house in front of you.

Sans was asleep on the couch when he heard a knock on the door and groggily got up to open it, waking up fully when he saw you standing there and his smile relaxes in your presence. "I knew you had it in you..."

His pinpricks shrink when he notices your head is bleeding and you feel a light tug as he pulls you into the house. "Geez, don't scare me like that, kiddo. Let's get'cha fixed up."

The soft green cushions of the couch sink around you and you look away in embarrassment as you expose your soul to him for the first time with a flick of your wrist, not wanting to see the broken, dull red glow.

"That's one heck of a soul you got there..." Sans comments as he checks it, taking note of the LV 20 but keeping that as a story for another time. "Now hold still..."

You clasp your hands over your mouth with wide eyes when you see your soul glowing faintly with determination, and he chuckles.

"The humans will freak if they see you like that on the surface." He closes one eye in a familiar wink you grew to know and love. "Think about how that'd make us look."

A calm, soothing energy flows through your soul with his healing magic as your injuries fade away, leaving you pacified and a little sleepy when the adrenaline runs out.

"You look like you could use a nap before you go out and break that barrier." He holds out his skeletal hand to you as you find yourself staring the same way you did when you first met on the surface. "Come on, I'm not taking no for an answer."

As soon as you took his hand, the sound of a fart reverberated around the room, dying down at the end for you to hear stifled laughter.

"Sans!" You whine as he laughs louder, falling back on the couch behind him and wiping a tear out of his socket.

"Oh my god… that never gets old." Sans chortled at his own execrable prank. "I really gotcha this time. This day couldn't get any better."

_______________________________________

In the HorrorTale game, Aliza fights Sans in the Judgement Hall before proceeding to Queen Undyne. Sans, Papyrus, Toriel, and Flowey save her just before Undyne kills her because Sans is moved by her big heart when she spares him after he becomes tired despite everything he did to her.

I wanted Y/n to win this fight against Undyne on their own for character development because this is the final challenge they face in the Underground. They spent most of their journey running away and being afraid but grow out of it for the toughest battle. Dying in the middle of the fight was necessary to bring out the determination in them because Chara is the voice at the beginning of the chapter telling them to wake up.

Pacifist endings traditionally gather the friends you made at the end for a touching reunion to remind you of your journey. Though Y/n speedran the Underground, I still tried to make it happen for that Undertale feel. Sans didn't show up because he was sleeping, and also because he is going to be more than a friend and got the spotlight at the end when Y/n goes back to see him.

Sans notices Y/n has a very high LV but does not question it. No one in the Underground died and he already trusts them by this point. Even if he did ask to see their soul earlier, they would not let him because Y/n hates their FEAR soul. It's a negative trait and they find it "ugly" because it doesn't glow as bright and it's not a good quality. Just because your soul is bad doesn't mean you're a bad person though, you just need to overcome something.