[0.1] Underverse

「Classic Y/n POV」

"My, my, my..." A distorted voice darkly chuckled, and you could faintly see the outline of Sans in the darkness, but it was not the Sans you knew. "If it isn't Classic Y/n..."

He was completely covered in a black tar substance that even dripped over one of his eyes with tentacles growing behind him that were slowly slithering towards you.

"Humans with this soul trait tend to be sociopathic in nature..." He said as his tentacles started to crawl up your legs. "It can hold you back... or it can be your greatest weapon."

The more you struggled, the more difficult it became to move, and you were now neck deep in his tar.

"I'll keep coming back to feed on your fear... but if you manage to make good use of it, I'll recruit you." He bargained just before you were swallowed up whole by the darkness.

You opened your eyes and sat up, the sheets tight in your grip as you tried to catch your breath, looking around the room. "It was just a dream..."

Sans was still snoring softly, and you pulled out your soul to check it, letting it float idly in front of you.

It looked like a soul filled with determination but dull with black tar residue oozing out from the encounter.

「Classic Sans POV」

Ink Sans was already waiting for him in a field of grass, and he cautiously approached him as he warily eyed the vials of paint strapped to his belt.

Sans paused before speaking to the slightly shorter skeleton in front of him. "How's it going, Ink?"

"Well..." Ink spoke, closing his sockets in concentration. "Could be better."

"So what's up?" Sans casually asked. "Did they spike the eggnog at the Christmas party? I couldn't come this year 'cause you know, I'm a busy guy."

"UnderSwap Y/n has gone missing..." Ink calmly explained as his geometric eyes were pinned onto him. "They look just like your Y/n. Have you seen them?"

"Welp... I might have met them." Sans thoughtfully said as he sat down on the grass next to him. "They just appeared outta nowhere in some freak accident."

"Their universe has been destroyed." Ink broke the news to him out of earshot. "But I have found a safe place for them with other survivors."

"Was it Error Sans?" Sans asked the other Sans, who shook his head.

"We have bigger problems in the multiverse..." Ink informed him as he adjusted his belt. "And I need your help."

"I dunno..." Sans shrugged, unsure. "It's not really my thing and I don't wanna get involved."

"You don't have to decide now, but think about it. Your timeline could be next..." Ink indifferently said to him as he used the giant paintbrush on his back to splash pink paint onto the ground that served as a portal and disappeared.

「Cross Sans POV」

"Welcome, Cross..." Nightmare greeted the other Sans, retracting his tentacles in a swirl motion behind him. "Killer, I have a new friend for you. Show our new recruit the ropes, will you?"

Another Sans resembling the original Sans stepped into the room but with inverted stripes on his shorts, black streaks running down from his sockets, and what caught his attention most being the target-like soul that flickered over his chest.

"Play nice, now..." Nightmare strictly instructed before taking the form of black tar to transport himself out of the room in a fluid motion.

As soon as the king had left their vicinity, Cross's large butcher knife was met with a smaller but sharper regular knife.

"I'm not here to play games." Cross coldly said, his left eye flaring purple.

"You're no fun to play with..." Killer's raspy voice spoke and he laughed as he lowered his knife, still keeping it tight in his skeletal grip. "Let's go."

Killer proceeded to show him around the west wing of the castle where he mostly patrolled while Killer Y/n was assigned the east wing opposite to him. "The Y/n from my AU patrols the east wing while I patrol the west wing. We have some... history."

"I heard his Y/n hates him." Chara commented, though only Cross would be able to hear and see him.

"I don't care about your breakup." Cross averted his pinpricks in disinterest. "Just tell me what I need to know and get out of my way."

"That's strike two." Killer snarled, abruptly stopping in his tracks. "One more and not even Nightmare can stop me."

They passed by another Sans who also closely resembled the classic Sans but with red layers to his once white pinpricks and his hoodie pulled up over his head, casting shadows over his face as he walked, brooding.

"That's Murder, or Dust." Killer introduced the skeleton they passed. "Unlike me, he failed to defeat Chara at the end of his route and ended up here when he lost hope. Any Y/n in this castle could destroy him if he even looked at them the wrong way, so he tends to avoid them."

The temperature dropped, and Cross felt his bones pale as he watched another version of you pass, but your hair was black as night, as well as your eyes, and you had slick black tentacles sprouting from your back, similar to Nightmare.

"This is Nightmare Y/n."

Killer spoke in a quiet voice so you would not hear them as you continued down the corridor, occasionally teleporting and skipping a few steps like an illusion which only made your unnatural movements more disturbing.

"They were from a classic timeline, but Nightmare had located them and did not waste an opportunity to lower their sanity and recruit them."

"What happened to them?"

"They were tormented in their dreams every night... And it's Dream's fault for failing to save them that they ended up with a broken mind. No one can save them now."

Killer let out a low chuckle at the grief stricken look on Cross's face, getting a reaction out of the tough new recruit.

"If you know what's good for you, you will not interact with them."

_______________________________________

Y/n is slowly getting broken down by Nightmare Sans. Classic Sans needs to hurry up before they become like Nightmare Y/n. Ink is a little bit emotionless sometimes because he has no emotions unless he drinks the paint. Sans mentioning a Christmas party is a reference to an AU. We are now taking an Underverse turn and will meet Y/n from AUs. UnderSwap Y/n was just the beginning...

Nightmare Y/n first appears in this chapter

Nightmare Y/n first appears in this chapter. They are a corrupted version of Classic Y/n, and it is visibly shown above. They have unnaturally pale skin because they are a ghost, and are able to grow tentacles of their own. The hair is overgrown with black pigmentation and they have black eyes as a result of corruption.