Spear of Darkness

The capital was dull and grey with long, empty corridors void of any life as if it was a grim reminder that the end of your journey was near.

"Hey, Y/n?" Flowey broke the silence between you as you exited the core. "Why did you come back? At first I thought it was for that smiley trashbag... but I was honestly surprised when you left him."

You stopped walking to reflect on everything as you gazed at the broken city in the distance before answering the curious flower. "The world just isn't the same without monsters and I couldn't go back to living the way I used to without Chara, Sans... and even you."

Despite not having a soul, the flower felt moved by your answer and looked back up at you as if he saw something in you that you didn't. "Golly... You really are just like them."

A bell tolls and at the end of the last corridor is a short silhouette waiting patiently for your arrival.

"Sans!" You run to him and crash into his arms under the looming shadows of the corridor's pillars.

"Heh... Didn't mean to leave you in the dark." He chuckles and his eye lights watch you, observing your shaken expression. "It's normally brighter in here, but with the core shut down..."

Sans pauses a moment, mulling over his last words before holding you tighter and speaking again.

"In a few moments, you will meet the queen..." He lowers his voice. "She used to be an old friend of mine... but not everyone's as kind as Toriel."

You were close enough that he could feel your soul shaking, and his pinpricks soften.

"So, if this is all going to reset, for whatever reason..." Sans says as his thumb rubs tender strokes along your cheek and he closes his sockets. "I hope you'll still come back."

You boldly press your lips to his teeth in a soft and sweet kiss, and he opens his sockets in surprise before closing them again and pulling you closer.

"Love ya too, kiddo..." He gently pats your hair with a sigh when you pull away. "We can do anything you want when we get outta here... I promise."

He takes your hand and places the locket in your palm, closing your fingers over it as tears stream down his face. "Take care of yourself, kid... cause I really care about you."

You slowly nod your head, and a mix of sorrow and resignation lingers in his eye lights as he lets you go with a heavy heart, or soul, and watches you disappear down the corridor.

A strange light fills the room, and you can't help but feel a sense of unease settle over you. And then, there she is… Queen Undyne, seated regally upon her throne, her presence commanding attention and respect.

"So you finally arrived..." Her one eye watches you while the other is covered by bandages. "I know that you are much stronger than anyone in the Underground... except me, of course."

Her teeth protrude from her mouth in a wry smile as she lightly drums her fingers along the armrest of her throne with a distorted expression.

"Humans don't naturally have magic." She slowly rises from her throne and summons a spear into her hand. "You have the power to cross the barrier, but you won't live to see the surface."

"I will bring back seven souls from the surface..." You say with a determined look on your face as she eyes you with distrust. "But first you must meet my one condition. The monsters will peacefully join the humans on the surface without war."

Her corrupt smile contorts into a grimace and a red spear rushes past, piercing the darkness with its eerie glow and leaving large cracks in the brick wall behind you.

"First, I will kill you. Second, I will cross the barrier and destroy all of humanity. Third, free the monsters." Undyne flips her spear impatiently. "So please... Don't even try to survive against me."

The ground glows red beneath you and you teleport out of the way as red spears shoot up. This was the first time you had seen someone use red magic other than yourself, and it gave you a bad feeling.

"Monsters are going to starve." You tried to warn her as red spears crashed down. "If this keeps up..."

"SHUT UP!"

Another spear is sent your way, and severed locks of your hair fall to the ground around you as your bangs cover your face.

Glowing red knives appear behind you, but you grit your teeth and close your hand into a fist to cancel the attack. "I'm not going to fight you."

"We'll see..." Her teeth glisten in the darkness when a bloodthirsty grin stretches across her face, and a yellow arrow catches you off guard from behind.

A metallic taste fills your mouth as you feel a warm liquid drip down your lips, touching it to see your fingers stained red.

N o w   d i e .

You felt a sharp pang in the head so intense that you couldn't think anymore, and her cold gaze examines you closely before she turns and carelessly dusts your crimson fluids off her hands.

_______________________________________

The queen Undyne Y/n is fighting is basically the HorrorTale queen Undyne. The Underground hasn't gone that bad into starvation yet so the monsters are still sane, this is very early stages of HorrorTale. If Y/n never came back for the monsters, it would become HorrorTale. Y/n is strong but they just refuse to fight and you can't dodge forever. They use red magic which would do a lot of damage, more than white magic. It is uncommon in the regular Undertale and more common in bad AUs like UnderFell and HorrorTale. Y/n can only survive the fight until the monster is convinced to end the encounter, which is the pacifist way. Pressing the fight button may accidentally kill someone.