Home Alone

"This is the place...?" Frisk looked up in amazement at the high rise building that seemed like it could touch the sky.

At Chara's silence, they looked over to see their companion wasn't as enthusiastic and opened their mouth to ask about it, when Flowey beat them to it.

"We don't even know if they want you." Flowey grumbled and crossed his leafy arms. "Not everyone's like Toriel. This isn't the Underground, you know."

Sans
Hungary

Y/n
Hungry?

Sans
I'll Czech the fridge.

Y/n
There is Norway you'll
find something there...

Sans
You really are Russian
to get those puns out.

Y/n
They're a Spain
to put up with.

Sans
Really? I don't Bolivia.

Y/n
Uganda be kidding me.

Sans
Denmark my words, you
will not find better puns.

Y/n
Kenya think of any more?

Sans
Nah, Iran out of ideas.

You were lying on your stomach in bed that night with a small smile on your face, texting Sans as you did every night since he got your number. It seemed he had a lot of time on his hands, and you wondered what he did for a living to support himself and his younger brother.

Y/n
What do you do for a living?

Sans
Not to be a weiner but...

Sans
I sell hotdogs.

Sans
You?

Y/n
Office job.

Sans
So how good are
you at PowerPoint?

Y/n
I excel at it.

Sans
Word.

This is the doorman speaking. Some suspicious people have entered the building without signing in. Please keep your doors locked and do not answer.

Sans
Something happen?

Y/n
Just an announcement
on my condo intercom.

Y/n
Suspicious people have
entered the building...

Sans is typing...

You watched as he started typing, only for it to stop and waited eagerly on the edge of your bed for him to respond. What was he doing?

「Chara POV」

"YOU IDIOTS!" Flowey screeched. "I told you to check in at the reception!"

"They would just kick us out." Chara told him as they all got into an elevator and repeatedly mashed the buttons for it to close before security got to them.

"Mom can't come with us because monsters aren't allowed in here." Frisk added.

"Uh, hellooo? I'm a monster." Flowey growled.

"Yeah, but you don't count, partner." Chara said, matter of factly.

「Sans POV」

Sans shook his head and deleted the message before it was sent, leaving his keyboard open.

"SANS! I MADE YOU YOUR FAVOURITE!" Papyrus burst into his room with a plate of spaghetti that actually looked fairly appetising as he had gotten much better at cooking since coming to the surface and being exposed to online tutorials. "SPAGHETTI WITH KETCHUP!"

"Thanks, Paps." Sans smiled and accepted the plate as his brother started to rant, picking up socks off the floor.

"SANS! I TOLD YOU TO CLEAN YOUR ROOM DAYS AGO!" Papyrus complained, waving a used sock in his hand. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE A TRASH TORNADO AGAIN! YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T DO THAT ON THE SURFACE. NOW HUMANS ARE GOING TO THINK WE'RE WEIRD."

"It wasn't me." Sans shrugged with a wink. "The trash has a mind of its own. It's pretty trashy, isn't it?"

"OH MY GOD, SANS!" Papyrus dropped the sock again to put his hands on his head.

Sans
You home alone?

Y/n
Yes, I am.

You heard pounding fists at your door and stood up, quickly sending two more texts before going to answer it.

Y/n
Someone's at the door.

Y/n
I'll be right back.

Sans
Listen to me, kid.

Sans
Don't get the door.

Sans
Y/n...?

As soon as you opened the door, you were bombarded by two children both in striped sweaters and a flower with a face charging in and shutting the door behind them.

"Are you... lost?" You blinked in confusion when the one in the green and yellow striped sweater hugged you around the waist.

"I have a human family." They happily mumbled into your clothes, and you looked over to the other kid who nodded with a sweet smile, holding the grumpy flower.

"Okay, um..." You took a deep breath and led them into the sitting room, not knowing how to take care of children and awkwardly asking. "... Do you want some juice?"

The kid in the blue striped sweater shook their head while the other kid in the green striped sweater shyly spoke. "Do you have chocolate?"

"No, but I can go and pick some up at the store downstairs." You said, then noticed the sulking flower. "Does your flower need anything?"

"Yes, actually..." He looked up at you and aggressively flared his leaves. "I'll take your soul to go."

"Water, it is." You reached for your keys that softly jingled in your hand. "I'll be back in a minute. Stay put, okay?"

Once you were gone, Chara took Flowey back into their arms and stood up to look at the pictures of you on the wall, feeling a warmth as if it was their home already. It was a different kind of warmth from the kindness of their adoptive mother Toriel, this one being more familiar.

"You really wanna stay here, huh..." Flowey said in a sympathetically quiet voice.

"It feels... right." Chara whispered, not knowing how to describe the strange nostalgic feeling that resonated with them.

"Whatever..." Flowey rolled his eyes. "As long as we don't have to stay with Toriel or Asgore, and especially not that smiley trashbag, I don't really care."

Y/n
Do you know anything
about a talking flower?

Sans
In the Underground,
we had these things
called Echo Flowers.

Sans
Why the sudden question?

Y/n
I was just wondering...

Y/n
Goodnight, Sans.

Sans
Alright...

Sans
Sweet dreams, kid.

_______________________________________

We are shy so our relationship just starts out by texting him and getting to know each other. Eventually we'll start calling and meet up when we feel comfortable.