Chapter 35 - I took a shower

I stood frozen in front of the door, I couldn't move

I stood frozen in front of the door, I couldn't move. I was going to be sick. Damon was growling and demanded me to go to our mate, but could I? I just asked Flo out on a date. To be honest, I had already feelings for her.

"What's wrong John?" Finn asked with a concerned look on his face.

"My mate is out there. I smelled her, she smells so good." I muttered.

"Then what are you waiting for? I thought that you wanted to have a mate?"

"What about Flo? I asked her out on a date. I am going to hurt her. I don't want that, I feel..."

"Flo would understand John and I think everything will work out." He tried to assure me.

"JOHN! Where, are you?" I heard Zane's voice coming through, I took a huge breath and pulled the door open.

"Zane! Good to see you." We clapped each other on the back.

Frances stood beside him with a grin on her face. "John, long time since we saw each other."

I felt relieved, when I catched her scent, she wasn't my mate. But the scent of my mate was fading.

Frances was tall, almost 5ft11 and with her sun-tanned skin, golden blond hair and green eyes she was a beautiful girl. Next to Zane they looked rather an odd pair. Zane was tall too at 6ft5, jet black hair, brown eyes and covered in tattoos.

"You sure have grown Frances." I pulled her in a hug.

"Is there anyone else with you?" I asked because I had a hard time controlling Damon, he was frantic calling for his mate. The scent was almost completely gone.

"No, just the two off us."

I still had my arm wrapped around Frances when I felt someone pulling her away.

"MINE" Chris growled and pulled a startled Frances in his arms. Throwing daggers at me, Finn and Mason jumped in front of me, and Zane tried to pull Frances to him.

Chris stood wrapped around Frances's with his nose in the crook of her neck where his mark would come. Frances looked up at him with a smile.

"Dad" she scolded Zane, while she pulled Chris with her. "He is my mate."

"Zane, let them get to know each other. Chris is a good guy." I tried to calm Zane down.

"Fine, but she better comes back without a mark!" he yelled after them.

I introduced Mason and Finn to Zane. I still felt restless, Damon was howling in my head, trying to take control. "What's wrong John?" Zane asked, "you are acting strange."

"I smelled my mate, for a moment I thought that..." I shook my head.

"You smelled her? But that must mean that your mate was close by."